Menu
annaemnicol
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Leaving Contract

Hi, I am trying to leave my contract as my flatmate and I are moving away and into new houses. The call centre is shut and the automated woman keeps saying to instant message but when I go on the contact page it is very unclear and just keeps redirecting me to FAQs and not giving me a link to contact the team so I can cancel my contract. Does anyone know how best to get in touch at this time? Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving Contract

the call center are still open.

YOu can cancel by phone or post. You can also try the txt service.

you must give 30 days notice to cancel and if in contract you will have to pay EDF

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can.

0 Kudos
annaemnicol
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I tried the text service last week but haven't heard anything back? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi annaemnicol,

The text messaging system usually gets answered within a couple of days.

There are three methods you can use to cancel, unfortunately it can't be done via the forums as the Forum Staff don't have access to those systems.

The best emthod is to call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4, bubest to call at 8am to avoid call queues

You can  write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

You could try the text messaging service again. Just send  a text with a description of cancellation  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Tfa_GoGo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, I am trying to return my handset and I cannot get through to any customer services. I have been on the texting service for 3 days and not got anywhere apart from the word Yes.

The phone line cuts you off and all the shops have closed down. What am I supposed to do?

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @annaemnicol 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. Sorry to hear you've been having issues trying to cancel the account. We are very busy at the moment and are working hard to get to each customer ASAP. Apologies for the issues you've had. 

I can take a look in to this for you - it's not something we would usually do on our forums however I appreciate you've had a poor experience. 

I'll pop you over a private message to take some details 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos