Menu
violinov
Tuning in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Leave and refund

Hi, I would like to leave Virgin immediately but I paid on the 17th May. Will I get a refund for the remainder? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leave and refund

Hi violinov,

You have to give 30 days notice to cancel.

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

You can call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
violinov
Tuning in
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi , Thank you for the reply. Why would I need to give Virgin 1 month notice when I am not even on a contract? The company I want to move to is giving me the perfect deal right now. Ive been with Virgin for more than 3 years and I don't think that this is appropriate of them.

Thank you 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hello

As per the Terms and Conditions that you have agreed to by using the service, once your initial contract has ended you are then in a 30 day rolling contract as inline with most companies.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi @violinov,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to understand that you're wanting to discontinue your services with us. 

As @newapollo and @DJ_Shadow1966 stated, you will need to contact us on 150 or on 03454541111 to discuss your cancellation and start your 30 day cancellation notice. 

You can take a look here for more ways that you can get in touch with us. 

Would you be able to tell the reason you've been wanting to move service providers? Are you unhappy with your monthly price?

Please keep us updated if you can.

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
violinov
Tuning in
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi again all,

after I posted here I spoke to a representative and told him that I want to leave. He asked me the reason I told him a cheaper and much better deal (with numbers) so he put me on hold and told me Virgin will offer me something even better. He said I will need to wait for the investigation to see if the offer I asked for would be approved. 

As of now I still got no reply where the investigation is up to, so obviously, I am now stuck for yet another month with virgin media. I don't think 51 pounds a month for a speed that stays the same for 2 years is a good deal.

This is pretty tricky marketing. I would like to get a response immediately, or yet consider that in few days I will cancel my Direct Debit and leave Virgin Media. 

Thank you 

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry for this @violinov.

We do not do upgrades from this platform, this is not part of what we can do from the community page.

Have you tried texting us 0753 305 1809, it is not an instant messaging service but we will ask 'Bot' questions first and then get back to you as soon as possible.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
violinov
Tuning in
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

No I haven't texted but I spoke more than 30 minutes to a representative of yours who seemingly was supposed to update me on the outcome. As I said the company I want to move is almost out of promotion and I am missing it. I am waiting for an update of your offer ... through him.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, violinov.

0 Kudos
violinov
Tuning in
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

An update :)))

This is getting from bad to worse now. So no one called me to update me on what happened to the compensation (refund) whatever. I called and was told that I`ll get a further discount to 28 pounds instead of 33(offered 2 weeks ago). I also asked exact amount I will need to pay on my next due date and she said 17.79.  Just for the record, I'm currently on 50+ per month. I said ok do that immediately and let me talk to the technical team which decides about all refunds and such... As I said I was promised a better router new generation and some refund for my overpay. So I was transferred to someone who actually told me he cant offer me a discount as if they offer that to everyone, Virgin will lose millions. Ok ..  So I said I want to leave immediately and spoke to 3rd person who canceled the contract, and said I have nothing to pay simply because I already paid for this month.

I received an email at 13:08 saying sorry I'm leaving and now just 15 minutes ago I received a contract for Virgin, saying thanks for choosing them for 28 pounds :D:D:D. Also, it says that my next bill will be 9.05 pounds 🙂 remember the lady I spoke 2 hours ago said 17.79.

I already purchased the new company`s internet expecting it installed on 16.06.

Now I am writing here as proof of the mess, simply because I don't want to speak to anyone on the phone again.

Apparently every time it gets messier so...

Thanks

0 Kudos