Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Leave Virgin Media

I have been trying to speak to someone at Virgin Media since September without success, calls just get cut off after I’ve waited for ages for someone to answer.

I wanted to arrange a new package as my contract had ended and the monthly cost had gone up.  I have now decided to leave Virgin Media but still can’t get through.  I’ve tried the online chat and last week I submitted a complaint but have had no response.

I am thinking I will just cancel my direct debit and see if that gets a response.  I’m meant to give 30 days notice but don’t see why I should when I am being prevented from doing so.

I should add that I know things are difficult for everyone during the pandemic but I have not come across another business which is so apparently depleted.

Any advice appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leave Virgin Media

Hello

With regards to cancellations or upgrades I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you. You can also call in on 150 or 0345 454 1111 best times to call are first thing in the morning, use the option "Thinking of leaving", but again wait times my be long.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

Alternatively write to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG for cancellations.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leave Virgin Media

• The customer service is near non-existent. Have a read of the forums and/or Twitter and make a decision on whether you have the spare time and inclination to attempt it. 
  • If you do then you might be able to get through after waiting around 90 minutes but you're likely to get disconnected before that
  • Some people say calling at exactly 8am might work (but didn't for me). 
  • Some people will tell you to text but the response time for that is getting longer (they didn't even reply to me). 
  • The forum staff cannot cancel your contract and besides, the wait time for a response is around a week
  • As utterly, utterly bizarre as it sounds writing a letter is probably your best bet. Send it recorded delivery and make it absolutely clear what the termination date is.
  • Raise a complaint through the process outlined HERE and include a thorough description of the problems you've had
  • Do not cancel your direct debit. Virgin won't care but will get debt services to pursue you.  

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos