cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Late Payment Charge

Waldy
On our wavelength

Hi there,

Why would I get charged a late payment fee when the direct debit which I pay by was setup by Virgin?  Surely it was yourselves who set the date that the payment is taken?

Regards,

Steve.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Waldy
On our wavelength

Thank-you, that was removed from the bill payment. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Waldy
On our wavelength

It makes no sense at all.  I checked the bill and the due date was the 28th of December and my bank statements show that Virgin took the payment on that date.  How was this a late payment?

Hi Waldy,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the late payment fee charge. 

I am more than happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

Waldy
On our wavelength

Thank-you, that was removed from the bill payment. 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Seems from the number of complaints relating to direct debits that VM made some changes to either systems or processes recently and for a small number of customers beggared up the payments resulting in either DD's not being called upon, or in this case being called upon but the systems believing they had not.  Give it a month or so and check that this isn't showing as a late payment with the likes of Experian, because although the late payment has been credited back, it doesn't follow that the bad debt process hasn't already notified them of a late payment.

If a credit history check does show a late payment, then you should complain to the ICO about VM processing inaccurate data, and also complain to VM requiring them to correct the credit history.

Thanks for updating us on the forums @Waldy. 🙂

I'm glad to hear everything has been sorted out for you.
Always feel free to reach out to us for any queries you have.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs