Menu
AndyHolly
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Last chance before Financial Ombudsman

In hopes that this reaches the right person... 

I was being overcharged on my Virgin Media bill for a period of 12 months. I had email proof to verify what I should have paid versus what was charged to me. It took over 6 hours of phone time over 5 days for someone to finally look into the email and admit fault. I was promised that the amount of £272.11 would be credited to my account. This promise was made on the 4th July 2017 and I was told it would be credited on the 7th following supervisor sign off. 

I have now spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with Virgin Media as I was wishing to either cancel my service / reduce my package amount. During this conversation I was told that the refund had NOT been credited. I've had to now re-request this and have been told again that it will be 48 hours (however I feel compelled to now have to call AGAIN, wasting valuable time and money for a mistake that you have made.) 

During this period I was also without broadband for a period of 2 weeks. I was informed when lodging the complaint that there would be no charge for me during this period as my account would be frozen pending the issue being resolved. Again upon calling today I find that this has not taken place and I've had to ask for this to happen again... 

Despite all of the above I was willing to remain a customer so long as I was offered a package advertised online. I was told that I would not be able to receive this package as I'm an existing customer and that if I wanted the same I would have to pay nearly double. 

Upon being told this I elected to cancel my service I was told that was not possible without paying for another months worth of service. The amount I'm being charged is higher than I agreed therefore I do NOT wish to have to pay an extra month in order to cancel my service. In fact the reason I am wishing to cancel my service is because Virgin Media have taken a significant amount of money from me without my consent and have yet to resolve the issue beyond a promise - no money has been refunded yet nearly a month after admitting fault. 

During my conversation I was speaking to a manager who refused to put me through to a senior manager. In addition, in reference to the initial overcharging I was told "mistakes happen" repeatedly, as if that justifies you taking far more money than you should from me. 

He also states that the Terms and Conditions prevent him from either offering me the same price advertised online or the ability to cancel immediately without any further charge. Interestingly, the terms and conditions I agreed to stated that Virgin Media would not have taken more money than they were owed from my account... 

I've experienced absolutely appalling customer service. Virgin Media took more money from my account than was agreed, admitted fault, failed to honour a refund promised to me nearly a month ago, and are now stating that I cannot terminate my services immediately without further charge which naturally deminishes the refund amount considerably. 

I will be seeking advice from CICAS unless I receive a reply from Virgin Media within 24 hours regarding this. 

Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Last chance before Financial Ombudsman

Hi AndyHolly

Thanks for letting us know about this situation and I am sorry to hear this has been going on for so long.

I have checked and can see that this was applied yesterday for you to the account in line with the call you most recently made.

Please let us know if we can support with anything else,

Kindest regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
morrismike79
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not sure if this thread is monitored anymore however i have had exactly the same issue with VM. Promises made for a certain price, then continuously billed at the old rate. Then being called a liar by the call centre team because they didn't have any notes from my previous calls, with the exception of one where i rejected an offer, in front of them. Also their managers were in a perpetual meetings. How do they ever get any work done? 

Only when the Ombudsman was mentioned were they suddenly not in a meeting...strange one that! 

Again, further promises were made following my calls and transcripts being reviewed (which had suddenly appeared)

After 5 calls, all of an hour each (it is like they have a commission based system to keep angry customers on the phone for that long) someone finally called me back and apologised and amended my pricing structure.

Then comes the next month and we are back to square one. Literally read the above again to see how the next call played out. 58mins, back and forth, LIAR!, no transcripts except for one where i rejected a financial offer, management in meetings, ombudsman, management out of meeting transcripts found, apology made, price structure amended!

I have no doubt i will update this in 2 months time with a copy and paste of the above.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi morrismike79

Thank you for posting on our community forum pages.

We are sorry to hear about the inconvenience which you have experienced regarding the package price and the effort and time on your part that this has taken to resolve.

We really hope that the team have now found a long term solution to this for you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos