cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last bill paid by credit card

Eslam
Joining in

Hello

I paid my last bill by card today, I found in the payment confirmation email that the bill will be paid by direct debit again on the due date. 

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Eslam,

That's right as per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-make-a-payment 

"NOTE FOR DIRECT DEBIT CUSTOMERS: Making a card payment online will not reduce or cancel any pending direct debit payment on your account."

If the direct debit payment goes through then it will treat as a credit on your next bill.

You might still have enough time to cancel the direct debit payment with your bank and then set it up again for the following month, or make an indemnity claim.

Hopefully a member of the Forum team will pick this up for you in a day or two and confirm.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Eslam,

Thanks for taking the time to raise your payment query with us via the forums, we appreciate you taking the time to do this and would like to welcome you to the forums.

As newapollo has advised, depending on if the Direct Debit is already in the process of being requested by your bank a card payment won't prevent this from being taken. The value of the Direct Debit will be applied to your Virgin Media account as a credit and cover future bills to that value.

If the Direct Debit isn't in the process of being requested and the card payment clears before this starts then the Direct Debit won't be requested as long as the payment via card covers it's value.

Rob