Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Last Bill

Good day,

I have recently left VM as I needed to move out of the UK. My contract expired on the 31st of December 2019 and the last payment was due on the 19th. At first I have received an email saying I was due a payment for the next bill on the 20th of January 2020 and this is what my billing page looked like:

https://imgur.com/Uglj4Tb

After a few minutes, this has changed to what you can see below:

https://imgur.com/7WTo2jJ

Can you please explain what is happening and what does all this mean? Am I being charged or refunded? 

Many thanks,
Regards

Val

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Last Bill

The latest bill shows that your account is in credit by £13.34 so you will be refunded this.  I believe that refunds are sent by cheque.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @VSann

Welcome to our Community and for your first post - sorry to understand that you are leaving us and that there is some confusion with your bills. 

From the screenshots you have provided it looks like you were billed as normal on 30th December as this is your normal billing date. You are billed as normal during the disconnection notice period. 

As your package changed the following day, we have then produced a new bill for you on 2nd January - this bill shows your package changes and all your credits that are owed back to you. 

You can see from the most recent bill (dated 2nd January) that this shows the credit owed back from between 31st December - 2nd Jan being £57.84.  

As it stands, you have nothing whatsover to pay and are in fact in credit of £13.34 🙂 

Hope this helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Dear @Katie_WT,

Thank you for your reply, that clarified the prohlem a bit better tho what's going to happen with that Cr £13.34?

Is that going to be refunded to me? 

Many thanks for your help,

Regards

Val

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Val, 

If you have cancelled your account fully then this will be returned to you via a Cheque refund.  The cheque will be processed around 35 days after your account closed and then we advise to allow 10 days for delivery. 

If you just changed your package and are still with us with an active account, the refund will stay on your account. 

Hope that explains things a bit more for you 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler

Dear @Katie_WT,

Thank you so much for explaining the situatiom, it is all clear now!

Just onemore thing- if I was to then delete my account fully to get the check, would I be able to change address to the current one and receive it overseas (Italy)?

Or is it possible to get the credit on my debit account?  

Many thanks

Regards

Val

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Val, the cheque would be sent to the account address unless otherwise advised. 

Whilst we can have it posted overseas - these can not normally be cashed to a foreign bank. 

We would not be able to credit you directly to your bank - I am sorry. 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos