Menu
AlanH58
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lack of support from the Resolutions Team

This is s brief summary of what has happened with our account. I’d appreciate comments if anyone can help please. What I would really like is if one of the VM team on here could intervene before I contact CISAS.

Early February I was emailed by VM Movers Team informing me that VM had been told that we were moving house (by our prospective buyers). The next day I had a phone call from the Sales Dept offering assistance in transferring our services to the new property. I explained that we had not exchanged contracts and had no date in mind. I agreed to call back when we had a date.

1st March: all our services were disconnected by VM. This because our buyers had told VM that we had moved out. No attempt had been made to contact us. 4 days later and numerous phone calls the services were reinstated. VM offered £20 compensation which I refused due to the stress caused and lack of service.

The next bill was twice as much as normal and had a late payment fee as VM had changed the direct debit date and decided not to take payment. This bill also had a disconnection fee included.

Complained again to VM and requested the fees be removed and compensation be paid.

The direct debit was taken less the late payment fee.

We then moved house and left VM due to the appalling customer service.

The next bill was 3 times what was expected and included £240 early contract termination fees.

Called VM again and got the fees removed – informed by the on line chat agent that we were owed money and the bill would be adjusted. The bill is still showing the incorrect amount.

I have requested the Resolutions Team to contact me by email as I work away from home and cannot call them. I am currently working in Canada and refuse to pay £2/minute to be kept on the phone for hours trying to resolve this.

Does anyone know a way of contacting VM by email? All my mail has been ignored for several weeks now.

Sorry a bit long winded…

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lack of support from the Resolutions Team

Hello AlanH58

It's really disappointing to hear of the problems experienced and the trouble getting this looked into, it's clearly not the level of service or experience we aim to provide. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us via the forums and welcome to the community.

From looking into this further we can see you have called and spoken to the team since your post, were you able to cover all of the information and have your query fully resolved?

Rob

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've flagged that for staff to advise - give them a chance because it will be quicker and easier for both sides than CISAS.  If despite this the company can't get it resolved, then read up on CISAS scheme rules and go for it, bearing in mind that it will take a month or two from CISAS accepting the case.

A couple of things - first check your credit history.  If VM have stained your credit history therough their own errors, you need to demand they fix that (and check that they do).  Second, consider what a reasonable compensation settlement seems like now, given this tale of unfortunate events.

In your shoes I'd be asking for compensation for each element:

1) Disconnection without your instruction

2) Delay in reconnection

3) Direct debit error

4) Possible credit history entries?  Check before accusing!

5) Dismal customer service, slow answering, failure to keep promises, and the like.

6) Poor handling of complaints.

If that little lot doesn't add up to more than £250 then you're not trying hard enough!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

AlanH58
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Andrew-G,

It's been appalling customer support. I appreciate you getting involved and flagging it up.

0 Kudos
AlanH58
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert_P,

I haven't spoken to VM, I used the online chat. I've asked for a Deadlock Letter for both of my complaints as I fully intend going to CISAS if I don't get a satisfactory reply from VM.

The chat agents don't have any power to resolve complaints like these so that's why I've asked for the letters. All VM had to do was email me and reply to my emails and it could have been sorted out.

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @AlanH58

Thanks for the clarification, I am so sorry you have received such disappointing customer service from us. I understand it is not ideal to call us when you are currently based in Canada, apologies that the online chat service were unable to look into this further for you.

I have taken a look at your account and can see that I can see the that early disconnection fees have been removed from your account with a credit that also covers what would have been the late payment fee.

I am going to PM you now for further details on what amount your bill is showing now to check what is happening there.

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos