Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Lack of respect by VM to it's loyal customers

As it is impossible to login to my account with VM  and it is impossible to call VM,

why cannot VM call me to discuss my account?   Who ever thought the forum and

website that fails to work was a good idea. What happened to the 150 number,

which also fails?  If and when I find the right contact that works I will publish it for

all to know.

Customer service at VM is sadly non existant.  I will try Sky who offer a package

for £27.00 a month.  Why pay £80.00 when you can £27.00

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lack of respect by VM to it's loyal customers

c0481846-wuhan_novel_coronavirus_illustration-spl

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Best of luck with Sky. I am sure they are keeping a phone line available just for you!

But before you ring them check Sky.com and you may find the following :

"Due to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, we're working differently to best support our staff and customers. Please don’t call us, as we're prioritising our most vulnerable customers and key workers at this time."

Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is your post intended to remind us that it's all the fault of COVID?

I have some sympathy with this, but they must be able to do better than this.  I haven't earned a penny since March and do need to downgrade or cancel but I can't get through.

And funnily enough, COVID hasn't impaired their ability to raid my bank account every month one iota!

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

'they must be able to do better than this'

a lot of companies are struggling. i've mentioned on here before someone i know runs a call centre. 90 staff is the full compliment they are now down to 5 and 10 times the amount of work 90 had.

you just have to keep trying and trying and trying. sometimes you can get through. i was on the phone to my bank the other day for over 4 hours in a queue. yet when i renegotiated car insurance they answered in 5 minutes.

''COVID hasn't impaired their ability to raid my bank account every month one iota!'

that's automatic.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

What sort of company closes down it's call centres to avoid talking to customers.

This is just poor service and incompetence.  What sort of company relies on customers calling them to get help when it

charges for the calls and keeps customers waiting for hours to rack up bills  -  Virgin Media.

What sort of service is this?   A poor one I fear, especially when it makes so much money out of a poor service.

What sort of company offering broadband and email services that don't have an email address to contact it and relies on a forum

of good kind people to give advice when they should be offering a service.  VM

What sort of company offers great deals to new customers while ignoring it's existing ones  -  VM does it spectacularly !

What sort of company does not provide itemised billing so a customer cannot check if he or she is being overcharged -  VM does

The call centres were in India, not any more - they gave great service. I fear VM are just using Cov-19 as an excuse for not

providing a service any more.  Do they not provide PPE equipment for it's staff?

The only way to complain about bills and poor service is by snail mail writing to Virgin Media

Sunderland,  SR43 4 AA.  I do hope they get lots of letters.  I shall be writing to them.

I hope Richard Branson is proud of his achievements .  Fancy asking the UK government for a loan when he is a tax exile . Has

he not heard of Bank's for loan applications.   I suppose it's difficult when a resident in the Virgin Islands and only have a

worthless as security.  You have to admire his  pluck though for trying.  Good try Richard

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi marktime

Thanks for posting. I am sorry you feel this way. 

To discuss your account - Please drop us a text on +44753 305 1809 and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Kind regards

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

What sort of company closes down it's call centres to avoid talking to customers.

The sort that is following government advice regarding lock downs and social distancing?  

I don't have much time for VM's shoddy customer service that exists under normal circumstances, but if you want to blame somebody for the impact of Covid, then try taking it up with China.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

John,

Why don't VM have an email address so customers can mail it with any problems they
might have about their accounts. Who runs the forum ? VM ? Disenchanted customers,
or folks with a genuine gripe?

John, are actually from VM ? I need to speak to someone from the Virgin Company. I notice your reply from the Forum Team?

I need to have a telephone converstation with Virgin Media company to action my complaint or problems I have with my account.

Do you have a VM email address as this is the best way for me. Are they still in India ?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

if you need a phone call you need to call them.
VM like most large companies do not have an email address. Email on a large CS scale is a nightmare to manage.

0 Kudos