Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Lack of customer service

For weeks now I’ve been trying to get a hold of someone in regards to my contract. My promotion has ended the new price is way too much for how little I have involved with the package. I’ve tweeted, tried to call, emailed, live chat, used the text number they’re handing out, filed formal complaints and it’s all been ignored. Truly do not feel like VM want to keep customers as they just want new ones to come in. Honestly, I’m doing this in the hope that a member of the VM customer service will actually contact me and help me out with my bill. This is an awful time and money problems are just worse with all this included!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lack of customer service

Even if you can get hold of somebody, the evidence in these forums over the past six months is very clear that VM are playing hard ball, and not offering any meaningful discounts to most customers (and in some cases, refusing to discount at all, even if the customer cancels).  Bizarrely, you MIGHT get a reasonable discount if you take a bigger package, which typically runs for a year - but then in a year's time you'll have them ramping the price up even higher.

If good value is important, VM simply aren't the company to be with at the moment, so I regret to suggest that your options start with exploring other Openreach ISPs, or accepting VM's pricing.  Bear in mind most large ISPs operate the "low price introductory offer followed by price hike at end of first year", most have similarly poor customer service to VM (getting to speak to UK based human was difficult enough with VM long before China gifted us Covid19). 

Unless you want a broadband and content package, smaller ISPs like Zen Internet may be worth looking at - they'll hold your price static for the entire time you remain a customer, and customer service is far better.  Aquiss, IDNet, uno are other small ISPs with good reputations, but their pricing and service offers are sometimes structured a bit differently to the larger companies, eg with download caps, or the customer having to buy their own router.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos