Menu
dcumbrian
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just want to upgrade!

Hi People,
I have an elderly neighbour that has a Virgin Media phone and extension installed.
They have a daughter that lives in the USA and they would love the neighbour to get
broadband installed.
The daughter registered the account for 'My Media' and gave me the login details so I can research upgrades for her.
There is one upgrade option on the account that would provide phone, broadband and the lowest TV package at a cost of an extra £43.
I cannot in good conscience recommend the offer at that increase in price.
Ironically, I can upgrade to the same package, but with better broadband, at a price £23.00 cheaper due to a loyalty discount (yet we're both existing customers).

The summary screen on the neighbours account states 'add broadband' yet when I attempt to do so it just takes me back the same offer i.e. includes the Tv service.

I have spent a considerable time on the website but can't find any way to upgrade other than the offers screen. Seems to be a 'take it or leave it' situation.
If I try a general query I'm asked if already a customer and requests login details to push me to 'My Media'.
I know the lines are very busy given the present situation, but since I'm just after a price, I don't want to spend ages on the line which would also take time from someone that has a more important issue.

Can anyone advise what I'm missing/doing wrong or is it Virgin are just trying to lose business?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
dcumbrian
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just want to upgrade!

Forget it.

£84.95 activation fee???   Virgin Media are having a ******* laugh.

Recommending neighbour goes to 1pbroadband...  broadband, landline and cheaper call rates for less than they're paying now.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI @dcumbrian

Thanks for posting and apologies for the delayed reply.

Please either give us a call on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or text the team on 07533051809 and we can review the account for any offers. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

dcumbrian
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply,

No longer an issue.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear all sorted 🙂

Have a lovely day 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos