cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint Access to my fathers account

roadster198
Joining in

I've been given access to my fathers virgin account. Supposedly 

The exec team sent me a password to use when dealing with it.

Tried it today and it doesn't work. Surprise, Surprise

It's clearly the old password he created years ago I need and the email he used for registration is no longer in use. As he's elderly he can't remember any of the details.

How can I change this?

It took nearly 2 hours just get anyone online so can't wait to try and resolve this

8 REPLIES 8

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @roadster198, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problems you've been having 😔

Just to confirm, have the executive team specified whether the password provided is for accessing the account online or over the telephone?

The online password will not be the same as the memorable word you quote from when calling in, unless it's actively been chosen to be the same. 

If it definitely is the online password, what stage are you able to get up to when clicking on the "Forgot your password?" link?

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

This is from the letter I got from the exec team email reply

For your ease, I have added the password as you will need to pass data protection in order to discuss the account: -

roadster198
Joining in

Here is the ref number from the letter

Our Reference - C-050723190

roadster198
Joining in

So it's not clear from the original letter if it's for online or via telephone.

Hi @roadster198

Given the reference to "pass data protection", I suspect that's referring to the password, or memorable word, used over the telephone.

What stage are you able to get up to when clicking on the "Forgot your password?" link?

Regards,
Daniel

I can get all the way Daniel. However it will send the password reset to a disabled @ntlworld account which is no longer accessible.

Hi @roadster198,

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner. 

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

Great Daniel thanks