Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Jiffy bag delay problem again after 5-7 years

I could not find within 'Select Board' - broadband 

Years ago, I had a massive problem with Virgin Broadband. After my contract ended, they kept saying they will send Jiffy bag to return the router. It has never arrived. I contacted customer service at least 15 times and eventually asked to speak to them dirctly because they kept ordering a new Jiffy bag to be sent out. They said Jiffy bag people do not receive calls. I am having this issue again with Virgin broadband. Be mindful with Virgin Broadband contract. Virgin Broadband is one of the few companies which will charge you for not returning their routers AND it is so hard to communicate with this customer service people reasonably. They say they will do and it never materializes—my lousy memory with virgin haunts. Their system has not improved at all after five years.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Jiffy bag delay problem again after 5-7 years

Hi Uris,

Thanks for posting. My apologies for not receiving the returns equipment. From running a check on our systems the account was only recently disconnected so the returns packaging should be with you within 14 days.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thank you for your reply. Virgin promise before I move out was that after I moved out of my previous flat on 4th Feb, I will receive it within 14 days latest, Today is 25th Feb 2020. Following their words, I should have received it on the 18th the latest. It is seven days over, and it is not that true that the account was only recently disconnected. Why three weeks should be considered as 'only recently'? Also, that would be against your promise to the customers, when you said two weeks latest, I would expect multinational companies like Virgin keep that promise.

They also advised that even though they were able to order one to the new address, it would not be delivered. It can only be delivered to the old address. That does not make sense, I handed over my keys, and I am not entitled to go inside the old address. Trespassing.
Anyhow, out of frustration, I have requested them Jiffy bag to be sent out to both old and new places. I remember that years ago, they eventually never delivered the Jiffy bag, so I requested them to email me the page, I attached it to my own bag and took it to the store. A serious problem with Virgin Broadband, they welcome you when you join, but the opposite when you want to leave.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I just had a quick look over this and can see that a bag has been ordered on the 20th of february. 

I am sorry for any inconvenience that this has caused. 

Kind Regards 

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Could you please ask Virgin to Stop harassing me please? Look below, I have so many text messages and emails asking me to return the little router threatening me with charges.

Please return Virgin Media’s kit to avoid a £40 charge

Hello,

Unfortunately we haven’t had our kit back yet. Please follow the simple instructions that came with the packaging we sent you. To make things nice and easy, we use the Collect+ service for returns. You can find your nearest drop off point at collectplus.co.uk/storefinder

Charging for unreturned kit

If you don't return the kit, the value(s) shown below will be added to your account in 9 days and confirmed.

Item Type Item Description Serial Number Value

Broadband Router       Arris Super Hub          48D34347FD63           £40

As indicated in our Terms and Conditions, Virgin Media has ownership of all customer hardware, and we refurbish and re-use returned kit where possible. The good thing is, it’s really easy to return the kit. And it won’t cost you a penny!

What if I have outstanding service charges?

This is about the non-return of our equipment. If money is owed on your account for services, you’ll be contacted separately.

ASk them to stop please. A jiffy bag has been ordered on 20th but  where is the one which has been ordered on 4 Feb 2020. Where is the email confirmation you promised me to send  for sending out the Jiffy bag? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Zak, Many years ago, Believe me or not, the customer service people had ordered more than 10 bags which had never arrived. Eventually, a lady who was working for this forum at the time attempted to order that little Virgin jiffy bag herself after me failing 10times. It did not arrive. Please do me a favour. Do not just wait, do something for me or at least answer my questions please if you genuinely wanted to help me. I cannot give a benefit of the doubt this time more than once. I am going through exactly the same messages and pain with Virgin Broadband team repeatedly. i want to ask you to request to revoke £40. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin harassing and threatening customer with non-deliverable Jiffy bag at the end of contract

Please confirm if I can return that little Virgin router to a Virgin mobile shop.  I do not want anything to do with Virgin again in the future and want to be free from Virgin's harassment asap . This is probably happening for many years because some virgin staff know that they can get away from it. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zak, I really want to finish this as I do not have much time. 

you saidI ' just had a quick look over this and can see that a bag has been ordered on the 20th of february. '

So why am I getting this already? 

Unfortunately we haven’t had our kit back yet. Please follow the simple instructions that came with the packaging we sent you. To make things nice and easy, we use the Collect+ service for returns. You can find your nearest drop off point at collectplus.co.uk/storefinder

Charging for unreturned kit

If you don't return the kit, the value(s) shown below will be added to your account in 9 days and confirmed.

Item Type         Item Description           Serial Number  Value

Broadband Router       Arris Super Hub          48D34347FD63           £40

As indicated in our Terms and Conditions, Virgin Media has ownership of all customer hardware, and we refurbish and re-use returned kit where possible. The good thing is, it’s really easy to return the kit. And it won’t cost you a penny!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you can take it to a store  make sure you have your account number and get that printed on the receipt - some of the staff seem not to know they can take it so insist or ask to speak to the manager

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Uris, 

I am sorry this package is taking so long to get to you, we can appreciate how frustrating this is.

As Tony said you can take it to one of our stores and the representatives/managers there will be able to take it for you. 

The late return fees will be removed from your account 14 days after we have received the package back. 

I truly hope this gets sorted soon. 

Megan_L

0 Kudos