cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's Impossible to speak to you guys.

Wms67
Joining in

Hi I recently paid my bill due for April on the 21st which was fine. I then set up a direct debit to pay the next month and beyond which said direct debit will now start from 21st when i receive the bill.  Now in my virgin app it says you will be taking my direct debit on the 7th of the exact amount I've literally just paid. 

I've tried contacting numerous times via phone but I either get hung up on or lose connection. You seem to have done away with any form of online chat. The website is very avasive in giving out a phone number or any means of contact to be honest. 

If there's ever been an issue on my end you guys phone immediately and demand to know why. No problem. But when it's other way around you avoid customers. 

Your actual service i like it's great. Customer service is awful though.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Wms67 

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours- phone calls take priority.

You could also try the live messenger chat (this ones meant for people cancelling but they may be able to help)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Wms67 

The quickest contact method is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours- phone calls take priority.

You could also try the live messenger chat (this ones meant for people cancelling but they may be able to help)

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Wms67, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there has been an issue with the bill. If a payment is made after the bill is produced the payment will still be taken. 

As you are within the 5 working days this will still take and would need to be cancelled with the bank and then reset up once the 7th has passed. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

Robinslark
Just joined

HOW ON EARTH does anyone get to speak to virgin on the phone?? No success after many attempts: recorded msg states it’s not possible to answer my call - WHAT??! And I just keep going round the “Help” loop without the option to ask Qs about home phone switchover. Do any humans still work with/for VM? Sick of them - I can’t wait to leave. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That's just the way they work. It costs them money to pay people to answer queries and put problems right, so they make it difficult/impossible for you to call.

"Your time costs us nothing"

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.