Menu
Savis17
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Issues leaving

Can anyone help? I called up in november to notify virgin media that i was leaving as i was moving home. I then received an email saying my services had been suspended in january as i had missed a payment! I then called again on the 11th january and paid £92 to get my service cancelled. I also updated my new address so that i could send back the equipment. Once again nothing happened and yesterday i get an email asking for over £200 as i still havent paid for november december and january! Twice i had notified i was leaving and the guy last night says i have to make a payment again before i can leave! Absolutely disgusting by VM and if i have no other way to resolve this i will be taking it further. VM will get no more money from me as i dont owe them. 

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues leaving

Hello Savis17

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding your Virgin Media account, We can understand your frustration in the recent experience looking to cancel your services.

Having read your post, can you confirm how you requested the cancellation back in November? Was this during a phone call or did you write in to us?

When you called and spoke to the agent in January to make the payment did they advise why the account wasn't cancelled? Did they also arrange for it to be cancelled during that call or explain what would happen going forward?

Rob

0 Kudos
Savis17
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Rob,

Thank you for getting back to me,  it was a phone call i had made not long after paying my last bill. When i then called up in January 11th at 12:20 the lady told me there was no record and my last phone call was may 2018 which is untrue. I then proceeded to pay £92 to apparently have my services restored as i was told this needed to happen for it to be cancelled, the lady also put a credit on to my account as she said it bills  for a month in advance. After doing so i was transferred to another department to update my new address and for a box to be sent out so i could return the router etc. The guy then said i would receive my final bill in the post. This never happened and then 2 weeks ago I received an email saying my services were suspended and that i had to pay £240!! I called up on tuesday the 2nd feb around 6 after being on hold for 1 hour and 32 minutes to get this sorted and the guy tells me theres no record of the previous phone call and he can only see the payment! He was no help whatsoever and just kept repeating that i needed to pay the £240 1st. I cant see how it got to that amount anyway as there was a total of £236 in january paid ( £92 by card and the £126 credit ) it seems i am getting nowhere and it is now affecting my credit score as a late and missed payment. I asked the guy about the calls being recorded and to look back to hear the conversation in january and was just told theres no record of the call. I was a loyal customer for over 2 years paying over £100 a month and i feel this is a very poor way to be treated. I need it sorted asap but cant seem to get anywhere. 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Savis17, thanks for you reply and sorry to hear about the issues which you are having with the package/ cancellation. The £240 does sound like there may be a early disconnection fee added to the account. Have you not managed to get this resolved or do you require further assistance with this? Chris

0 Kudos
Savis17
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

I still am unable to get this matter resolved, i am and was out of contract when i tried to cancel so therefore there should be no early cancellation charge. As stated before i also made a payment in january to get this resolved and yet im emailed saying that i owe the exact same amount as before. I have contacted CISAS about this matter now as all that is happening is im being charged for every month that passes and its sitting on my credit file as a late and missed payment. It seems nobody at VM can help me and all i get told is i need to make another payment. I feel that the treatment I've received from VM as a loyal customer for the last 3 years is dreadful. 

regards

Steven Avis 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply and sorry to see that you are still having issues with this, I will send you a private message so that this can be looked at further for you. Chris

0 Kudos