cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this Virgin Sky sports UHD offer real?

kingszito
Joining in

Hello community,

I received the below email on the 6th of June. I subscribed to the offer couple of days ago but till now my Sky sports UHD channels have not been activated I've called Virgin direct line but they're not aware of the offer and couldn't activate my sky UHD channel so that got me curious. My questions are:-

1. Is the below offer real?

2. Has anyone received such email offer?

3. Does this email address and telephone number belong to Virgin (email@em.virginmedia.com/0800 052 1257)?

Below is the email offer

🙌 New Sky Sports UHD is here. So is our special introductory price.

Just £3* extra a month to immerse yourself in the action like never before

View online

Feel everything in ultra sharp detail. Introductory price, only £3* extra a month.

Get closer

New Sky Sports UHD – race to get our introductory price

Hey ****,

If you think watching sport in HD is impressive, just wait till you try Ultra HD. Brand new Sky Sports Main Event UHD and Sky Sports F1 UHD channels have arrived. And with them, a sharper, punchier and more immersive viewing experience.

For a special introductory price of just £3* extra a month for 18 months (£7 thereafter) you can experience more exclusive live sport than anywhere else in stunning Ultra HD. The F1 British Grand Prix, the biggest Ashes ever, The Open, the return of the Premier League, and more.

With two UHD overflow channels included (UHD 1 and UHD 2), you won’t miss a moment if there’s a Main Event sporting clash. Plus, you can cancel with just 30 days’ notice.

Add Sky Sports UHD

UHD. Here’s the detail.

4K UHD lets you see more in every frame – with 4x the clarity of detail of HD you’ll see every button and switch in the F1 cockpit

Action comes to life like never before – with bolder colours that burst from your screen

Dolby Atmos gives an immersive sound experience – hear a pin drop as that title-deciding last putt is played

Ready to get closer?

Add Sky Sports UHD

Or call us on

0800 052 1257

Introductory offer ends 25th June

Virgin Media

Sports imagery © Associated Press. All rights reserved.

The F1 FORMULA 1 logo, F1 logo, FORMULA 1, F1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trademarks of Formula One Licensing BV, a Formula 1 company. All rights reserved.

The Legal Stuff:

*Monthly price shown will increase each April from April 2024 by the Retail Price Index rate of inflation announced in February each year plus 3.9%. See virginmedia.com/prices for details

Prices in this email are on top of your existing Virgin Media cable services monthly subscription cost.

Sky Sports UHD – £3 for 18 months: Sky Sports HD subscription required to take Sky Sports channels in UHD. Sky Sports UHD channels £3 extra a month for 18 months when already subscribing to Sky Sports HD channels. From month 19, you will automatically be charged the full standard monthly price, currently £7 per month, unless you choose to cancel by providing Virgin Media with at least 30 days’ notice. Sky Sports must be kept for at least 30 days but can then be cancelled on 30 days' notice at any time. Offer end 25th June 2023 at 23.59. Service usually upgraded in 48 hours, but in the case of exceptional services may take up to five working day

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @kingszito, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you, to see if this can be verified and potentially added.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @kingszito, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you, to see if this can be verified and potentially added.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

kingszito
Joining in

FYI, my Sky sports UHD channels have been activated.

Thanks.