Menu
VMJUSTAPPALLING
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Is it legal to not allow customers to leave?

Hi all

i know I’m not the first to complain of this. I tried to leave VM last May. Not possible to call. Text conversations ended up abandoned by them. Chat facility not working. Online changes not possible. Etc 

I am very busy so gave up. Cancelled direct debit in the hope it would kick off a conversation but got chased for payment with still no possibility of speaking to anyone 

I am a very busy person. I have seen from replies that they might possibly speak to me if I make it my job to try constantly in the hope I may get lucky. I have been cut off twice tonight after long waits. 
 It must surely be illegal to effectively take money without offering the ability to cease the contract when minimum contracts have been fulfilled. 
Have complained in writing but no response. 
Anyone had any luck with Ofcom? I am thinking of writing to one of those consumer rights bods in the media. 
I don’t really have the time and energy for this. Do VM rely on people just giving up? Quite fascinating how appalling they are. And I don’t want to hear ‘because COVID’. There is no way that creating an online solution for downgrades and cancellations can be more difficult or time consuming for them than maintaining the current process. They can do it to take more money but not when they will lose any!

So angry with them. I have stopped at least two colleagues signing with them and just ‘saved’ my brother from signing up for a package at his new place. Reminded me to chase this again. 
what an absolutely terrible company. 😞
so. Ofcom? Anyone has any luck? 

Thanks for reading my rant 

VMJUSTAPPALLING
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it legal to not allow customers to leave?

Oh and they’re putting the price up. So they have to give me the option to leave! 

the letter tells how to do it. 

same contact details as ever. The ones which don’t work....

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you can cancel by post.

If you cancel your DD you will build up a debt and it will affect your credit file
0 Kudos
VMJUSTAPPALLING
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Appreciate it. I suppose I will have to queue up at the post office and send it recorded to have more evidence should they fail to act. I’ll make that my plan for my next day off. 

I maintain that it is farcical for an internet provider to offer no online (or even telephone) service. 

actually they do ‘offer’ it. They just don’t care that it doesn’t work! 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon VMJUSTAPPALLING,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see that you've been struggling to speak to our team in regards to your disconnection of the services.

Can you tell me if you've been able to write to us to request the cancellation since your post? If so, can you please confirm which address this was sent to?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos