Menu
AquaRay
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone else finding it impossible to sort things out?

This is for anyone else in the customer 'services' nightmare, you are not alone. 

I have 2 Virgin accounts, one for my student daughter and the main one for my home.  Yesterday I tried to add tv to daughters internet only package over the phone. What a debacle, I couldn't because I couldn't give the direct debit date even though I explained that it had just been set up and no payments made? I then entered the world of text chat (it's 2020) and after 40 mins I finally get told that the account has to be over 72 hrs old, fair enough.  Today I decided to try and change / renegotiate my package, avoiding the telephone check box nightmare from the previous day, and of course the upgrade / offers button doesn't work (oops there seems to be a problem, even though I'm out of contract for some time), through the phone app online chat.  I started at 12.21 pm it is now 2.50 pm and I'm still on it, although I haven't had any response for 1.5hrs.

The point of this ramble - What are you doing Virgin?  It feels like customer services from 10 years past.  The Covid-19 excuse doesn't work, plenty of other companies are looking after their customers.  No dedicated online chat with immediate answers.  No person I can phone and actually have a conversation with because they have the authority to stray from the flow chart.  No online button that actually lets me tailor my package.  I'm paying a lot of money each month to be treated like a fool!

Sort it out

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is anyone else finding it impossible to sort things out?

I'm paying a lot of money each month to be treated like a fool!

Exactly.  Why would the company go to the trouble of redesigning it's broken customer service model, or updating its fragmented and dysfunctional web capabilities when most people tolerate the poor service?  Public complaints and unhappy customers can be and are ignored - like the 14,000 reviews of VM on Trustpilot that earned the company a whopping average of 1.2 out of 5 (when you can't award a score of less than 1).

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mannz
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is anyone else finding it impossible to sort things out?

Having the exact same problem, customer service seem totally uninterested in dealing with issues. Have called several times today to try and get a service issue resolved to just be ignored, cut off, transferred around. As a new customer I am bemused that a company is allowed to behave in this manner!

0 Kudos