cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sky Cinema UHD included in Ultimate Oomph ????

roy247
Community elder

Had an email this morning saying my contract had expired, so phoned retentions to discuss a new deal including Sky Cinema UHD, and you guessed it I got told that Sky Cinema UHD wasn't included as part of the ultimate oomph bundle not just for people renewing a contract but even new customers as it didn't appear on his screen for UO bundle.

He did put me hold twice while he checked and even offered me his staff discount of £3 a month but I decided not to take up his offer.

Can one of the Forum Team confirm what is the current situation with Sky Cinema UHD.

Thank you.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

ozsat
Superstar

If you are taking out a new UO contract then - yes it is included.

But you'll need to find someone who knows how to manually add the code to your package which adds it at no extra cost.

@roy247 wrote:

Had an email this morning saying my contract had expired, so phoned retentions to discuss a new deal including Sky Cinema UHD, and you guessed it I got told that Sky Cinema UHD wasn't included as part of the ultimate oomph bundle not just for people renewing a contract but even new customers as it didn't appear on his screen for UO bundle.

He did put me hold twice while he checked and even offered me his staff discount of £3 a month but I decided not to take up his offer.

Can one of the Forum Team confirm what is the current situation with Sky Cinema UHD.

Thank you.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think you've been told a porkie pie roy - but you're not the first to report this recently, so I suspect some agents haven't read their briefings...

The clearest answer I can find is on https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/watch-sky-box-sets-and-sky-cinema-in-uhd-... where it quotes (dated early May)...

"Hundreds of Sky Entertainment Box Sets and Sky Cinema titles will be available to new Ultimate Oomph customers. Existing customers on Ultimate Oomph or any other bundle will be able to get UHD included in their package if they re-contract or upgrade to Ultimate Oomph"

I'll raise this "behind the scenes" for you, there's evidently some miscommunication.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

32 REPLIES 32

ozsat
Superstar

If you are taking out a new UO contract then - yes it is included.

But you'll need to find someone who knows how to manually add the code to your package which adds it at no extra cost.

@roy247 wrote:

Thank you.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I think you've been told a porkie pie roy - but you're not the first to report this recently, so I suspect some agents haven't read their briefings...

The clearest answer I can find is on https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/watch-sky-box-sets-and-sky-cinema-in-uhd-... where it quotes (dated early May)...

"Hundreds of Sky Entertainment Box Sets and Sky Cinema titles will be available to new Ultimate Oomph customers. Existing customers on Ultimate Oomph or any other bundle will be able to get UHD included in their package if they re-contract or upgrade to Ultimate Oomph"

I'll raise this "behind the scenes" for you, there's evidently some miscommunication.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

Hi japitts

I actually quoted from that web page but because it didn't appear on his screen then that info is wrong, " because things change all the time ".

I feel there might be more phone calls.

Roy

roy247
Community elder

@Kath_F wrote:

Hi there NinjaMeerkat, 

As it stands, new Ultimate Oomph customers should have Ultra HD already included with their bundle. Subject to 18 month minimum term. Existing customers renewing their Ultimate Oomph bundle will have Ultra HD included. Again this is subject to a new 18 month minimum term. 

You can view this information on our Ultra HD page here: Virgin TV Ultra HD channel is here

Hope that clear things up for you. 

Thanks,

Hi Kath_F,

So what is the current situation with Sky Cinema UHD and ultimate oomph bundle.

Thank you,

Roy.

Sorry for the confusion @roy247.

You can get Ultra HD added to your package for just £6 a month or get it included when you renew as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/ultra-hd

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

roy247
Community elder

@Akua_A wrote:

Sorry for the confusion @roy247.

You can get Ultra HD added to your package for just £6 a month or get it included when you renew as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/ultra-hd

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Hi Akua_A,

I was trying to renew and I did quote from that web page only to be told it was £6 extra, maybe you can send that link to all the retentions team please.

Roy

Thank you for letting us know @roy247.

I think the wording of the website might be a little tricky to understand. Adding Ultra HD added is and additional cost of £6. As you are renewing our team would aim to add the package onto your ultimate oomph package. Therefore including it into your renewed package price.

Please let me know if you need any further help regarding this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

roy247
Community elder

@Akua_A wrote:

I think the wording of the website might be a little tricky to understand. Adding Ultra HD added is and additional cost of £6. As you are renewing our team would aim to add the package onto your ultimate oomph package. Therefore including it into your renewed package price.

Thanks,

Hi Akua_A

So you are saying that Sky Cinema UHD is £6 for everyone but the £6 might get lost in your contract renewal.

For example say you got offered ultimate oomph bundle for £116 including UHD does this mean they have already added the £6, so at the end of the contract it then becomes £139 + £6.

From the terms and conditions at the bottom of that web page it makes it sound like it's included,

New Ultimate Oomph customers: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD included with bundle. Subject to 18 month minimum term. Existing customers renewing Ultimate Oomph bundle: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD included. Subject to 18 month minimum term.

How do you read that ?

Roy.

@roy247 wrote:

@Akua_A wrote:

Thanks,

Hi Akua_A

So you are saying that Sky Cinema UHD is £6 for everyone but the £6 might get lost in your contract renewal.

For example say you got offered ultimate oomph bundle for £116 including UHD does this mean they have already added the £6, so at the end of the contract it then becomes £139 + £6.

From the terms and conditions at the bottom of that web page it makes it sound like it's included,

New Ultimate Oomph customers: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD included with bundle. Subject to 18 month minimum term. Existing customers renewing Ultimate Oomph bundle: Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD included. Subject to 18 month minimum term.

How do you read that ?

Roy.

Give up Roy, even Virgin Media don't have a clear and consistent response about the £6 fee. Any reply you get on this forum will just muddy the message further.