cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invoice in dispute affected credit score

Wonder8
On our wavelength

Due to issues and errors from Virgin on a monthly basis for around 18months, I recently found out that virgin added a late payment flag to my credit score in June while my invoice was in dispute and being credited/amended. I need to get this removed - can someone from Virgin contact me 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you identify an entry on your statutory credit file that you believe is incorrect, you should email the details to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk who should investigate on a 21day basis.

Having said that, there is a very fine line between two scenarios..

1: You intentionally chose to only part-pay your bill and deliberately withheld part-payment

2: You were advised by VM to do so, or were told that your regular payment would be amended.

In scenario 1, I suspect the credit market is valid and fair. In scenario 2, proving that you were advised this should be sufficient for removal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Wonder8
On our wavelength

Thanks, it’s definitely a virgin error. I emailed that address as soon as I found the flag on my credit score…no one replied, and the error is still on my report, so presumed it was a defunct email address 

Doesn’t surprise me, seeing how awful Virgin are. 
can anyone at vIrgin help???

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When did you send that email, and did it include supporting documentation? The address is current and works on an "upto 21day" basis, which most likely takes longer over the Christmas period.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Wonder8
On our wavelength

Over 21 days ago…no reply received 

Hi Wonder8, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear there is a late payment marker on your credit file as the result of an issue with your billing earlier in the year. 

The quickest way to get this looked at is to raise a dispute directly with the credit referencing agency. They will send the information to us and we will take a look at this, correct anything that needs correcting and we then send the updates directly back. 

Did you receive an automatic reply from the email address advising that they had received your email? Can you let us know the date you sent the email too? 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Wonder8
On our wavelength