Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Broadband and still charged

Hi,

this is my first post, but i need some help from someone please !!

I logged a broadband service outage online around the 13th/14th Jan which was an issue at VM's end. the service was on again the following day.

however, from then on i had intermittent outage on my broadband for the rest of the week - hours at a time and predominantly during the day.

VM then sent an engineer on 20th Jan who disconnected a silver block that was connected to the back of the modem (this was from the original installation date) and everything has been ok since.

i am EXCEEDINGLY disappointed to now receive a full bill although i haven't received a full service.

i have just spoken to one of their customer services advisers (who was very polite) and basically been told tough because the service wasn't out for a whole 24hours at a time.
this just isn't acceptable!

i wasn't receiving a full service for each of those days so why should i be getting charged for a faulty service (through no fault of mine).

how can i take this matter further and get someone to talk some sense ?

many  thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Broadband and still charged

Thats the "policy".

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You need to get some evidence together ...

Firstly set up a BQM at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal coming into the property, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing.

Post a link to your BQM on here.

then

It may be a good idea to carry out a factory reset on the Hub …

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

then

Type 192.168.0.1 into your browser URL bar and press enter.  When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’. Copy and paste the contents of each tab onto here, a Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson

Ex UK Armed Forces
Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely ludicrous !

if you cant offer a full-time service, then you cant charge a full-time bill ?!?!

every other ISP I've had, offers a gesture payment if the issue is caused by them, but not for as long as 24hours at a time

the speed has never been as high as it should either, but there is apparently always a reason for that! 

cant wait till contract ends and i can go back to someone more reliable, faster and cheaper....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

has set up the BQM and see what that shows up 

many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Do as Mike suggested and you will get some help/advice.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos