forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Brindabatavia
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Installation on hold

Hi, Virgin media had confirmed coverage in the area of my new house and had committed to an installation appointment yesterday. Based on this, I had planned moving into my house this week as I've been staying in a hotel. But on Friday I received a text message  stating installation is on hold due to construction issue. I dont know what that means and customer service on phone and chat say they don't know and I just have to wait for someone to contact me. But I'm anxious about how long this will take as I need to move I to the house, and if I do that without broadband, it will impact my office work as I'm completely working from home! Please help

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation on hold

Construction issues means a contractor has to do some digging in order for underground ducting to be repaired or modified. This requires not only third party involvement but also local authority work permits. “Firm” dates for these are never issued due to the situation not being under Virgin’s control, but you should get a date once the work is completed.

A lot of these issues are not found until a cable pull is attempted, & as the blockage is an unforeseen issue there is no compensation available for any delays resulting.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Brindabatavia
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So what if I dont have time to wait that long, can I cancel my order and switch to another provider? 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Brindabatavia wrote:

So what if I dont have time to wait that long, can I cancel my order and switch to another provider? 

If you already have a BT line into the property & terminated, yes.

If not then you have a serious problem, as Openreach, who install all the other providers services have suspended all new installs until April due to COVID health & safety issues.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Brindabatavia
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok that's helpful to know. Buy can I cancel VM without being held to any payment as they failed to install it at the given date with no update on timeliness too?

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Hero
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You don't have a contract until VM starts delivering service, and even then there is a 14-day cooling off period whereby you can then cancel at no cost.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos