cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indian call centre "retentions"

redlozzer
On our wavelength

I have just had the most stunning conversation with the weekend Indian call centre "retentions" team and I am lost for words. I'm a very laid back person but even I got annoyed which takes a lot hence this post.

I phoned due to the upcoming price increase and was passed through to the "retentions" team and they basically tried to manipulate me into accepting a really bad deal. It's five months before I am out of contract and was told that they could wave that increase for the remainder of my contract. I would then be in a new 18 contract but they refused at least three times to tell me what my new contract price would be and repeated that my the price has been waived on the current contract.

I asked to cancel my contract and was told that I would incur a cost for doing so but I knew that wasn't the case and a blatant lie. After a pause this was acknowledged and the cancellation was put through and I said thanks.

Alas, the person I was chatting to didn't turn the connection off. If only I could speak Hindi.

Virgin Media, you will have recorded all of this. Any comments?

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Kingvangaal 

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear about your experience when calling us to cancel.

We are sorry we have lost you as a customer and wish you all the best with your new provider. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide