Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Increased cost

• Hi. My first year is up and my direct debit went from £33 to £54.
  • Called this morning as was unsure to why at first. Was told I could get better offer of £44. Said I'd see and shop around to see if that was best for me in the current times. Calmed down and called back to be told that no I'm stuck to £54 and basically should be pleased I was not paying £62.
  • Said to try call back another time I might be lucky to get better deal but free to leave as I'm no longer in a contract. 
  • I'd actually called back to accept the £44 and just avoid the hassle of shopping around.
  • So am I basically left to pay the £54 /month or keep calling on off chance you MIGHT give me a better or do you just want people to go elsewhere??????? 
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Increased cost

Hi Lindyhg,

You are free to negotiate a new deal at any time, the best time is when out of contract. It depends who you speak to, and which department they are in as to what packages and prices they can offer. You are best speaking to either regrades or retentions (thinking of leaving us) rather than CS.Prices and contracts can change by the day. It sounds like the second person you spoke to was either having a bad day, or didn't have access levels to offer discounts.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali