Menu
frostyP2508
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Increase in prices

I have received an email saying my prices are rising by £4.50 from March. I only negotiated a new package last month . I rang today to ask the question if I was included and as I was going through the process of talking to someone a recorded message said if I wanted a discount of £4.50 press 1 !

I didn't because I wanted to speak to someone first. They advised me to phone back and take up the offer when prompted but the offer is not there now ?? How can I get the discount or will my new contract be honored anyway ?

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Increase in prices

Unfortunately the discount is no longer available if you choose to speak to someone over the call. Some people are receiving the price increase notifications despite taking up new contracts either because they're impacted after their discount/contract ends, or they are impacted during their current term. Unfortunately there's no real way for anyone to check other than calling in and a rep can check it for you. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
frostyP2508
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your reply. 

Should I ring back and ask for  the discount or will my new contract not incur the increase anyway ? 

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As I said, the discount is no longer available. I can't answer question 2 as I don't know anything of your contract, so I would recommend you call up and find further information tomorrow. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos