Menu
ExeterBertie
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Increase in Contract Price

My current contract is due to expire and my renewal price is due to increase by 28%. In March, there is a further price increase of £3.50pm, which will make my increase 34%.

I joined Virgin Media in 2018 as a new customer - my price increased by 30% in 2019, and then 12.5% in 2020. Both these increases were after "negotiation" over the phone.

With the new increases, my price for 2021 versus 2018 will be 97%. I have received increased Broadband speed, but the basic package remains the same (TV, Broadband, Landline/Anytime Calls).

I think this is extreme. What does the forum think?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Increase in Contract Price

Well you joined on a new customer offer so that can give large discounts and normally when those discounts expire bills jumped a lot, having increases on a yearly basis (apart from 2020 unless a discount expired) isn't going to add much glamour to those discount expiring.

Example to follow....

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Increase in Contract Price - **please merge with existing price increase thread**

For example: the ultimate oomph bundle is £79 a month for a new customer, however after the discounts expire it goes up to £139 per month,

But then consider that this bundle also contains discounts because certain services are taken together, for instance the sim card is discounted and the sim card also boosts the broadband product up a tier (350>500Mbps) for free,

Then there is the parts of the bundle that can increase independently such as Sky Sports and Cinema, and finally increases to services each year that can add a few quid here and there.

A good example of the above is when choosing the bundle as a new customer, if deselect that Sky Sports and Cinema collection, this is said to be worth £39.25 per month however the bundle cost then goes up to £107.00 during offer and then £144.00 after the discounts/offers expire.

So renegotiating contract (ideally yearly) is important to get best offers and keep the bills under control.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction