cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase In My Bill Doesn't Make Any Sense

IanS
On our wavelength

Hi

I have a fixed bill at £109.75 until November this year.

Quite recently I added Sky Sports HD for US Open Tennis. This should now be cancelled. The cost was an additional £7.00 taking my total bill to £116.75. 

I have now received a bill for £125+. This cannot be correct.

I have tried to sort this by telephone to no avail. It is like talking to a recorded message.

Can someone please sort out.

Regards

Ian

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @IanS 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your billing concerns. There is a 30 day disconnection period when you disconnect a service or channel add on such as Sky Sports HD. 

If you added Sky Sports HD within your billing period that your previous bill had already paid, then you'll also see this reflected on the bill as you pay in advance for your services. 

For example; 

A bill that pays up until the 30th of the month has Sky Sports HD added on the 25th of the month. There would be an extra 5 days worth of service charges on next month's bill for the extra days + the £7 for the next billing period. 

In reverse, you would also be refunded 5 days worth of service charges on the next bill if you had paid for Sky Sports HD up until the 30th of the month and it was removed on the 25th of the month. 

You can check your billing through your online account to see a full breakdown of where your bill personally pays up until and when the Sky Sports HD was added for you to see if this it what has happened in your instance. 

If you disagree with what I have explained and still dispute the charge you've been billed, we can certainly assist further if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

IanS
On our wavelength

Hi

Thanks for your reply, but, yes, I still dispute the figures.

Even if there was extra charge for a whole previous month that would be £7.00 + £7.00 + £109.75 which is still less than what I have been charged. 

Regards

Ian

Okay, that's no problem at all. 

Let's take a look at our side and see what has happened. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley