Menu
gothbotherer
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Incorrectly placed on new 18mth contract when moving house

Hi,

I've recently moved home taking the exact same package from my old property to my new one. I was informed that as no changes were being made to the bundle that the current contract would be migrated rather than a new one be started, however this has proved to be not the case. I was on a 12 month contract that was due to expire next month, but now find myself on a new 18mth contract to which I have not agreed.

I've been trying to get hold of customer services but it's proving a futile experience. Can someone please help me out?

0 Kudos
Weira1
Just joined
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrectly placed on new 18mth contract when moving house

This has happened to me. I cancelled service which was due to end on 21st May. I received call from India call centre asking me to stay with lower price. They then started me on new contract without authorisation. I only realised when I phoned when I lost services. This is clearly fraud on there part.

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi @gothbotherer

Thanks for your post 🙂 

A standard contact with us is 18 months. I apologise if this wasn't explained to you when moving your services over, I can appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

'asking me to stay with lower price...'

ANY change in services generates a new contract and that includes accepting a lower price.

' This is clearly fraud on their part'.

Not unless you said no to paying the lower price.
0 Kudos
gothbotherer
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This absolutely is not the case!

It's in the terms and conditions that if you're moving the contract over without changing the bundle the original contract will be honoured.

Regardless, I appear to have been able to sort this out now after another hour on hold today. 

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response @gothbotherer

Glad to hear the team were able to arrange this to be rectified, any further issues please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist.  

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos