Menu
beckybean
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Incorrectly charged for Essential Broadband

I have been on Essential Broadband at £15 per month.

I called Virgin Media the other day and the automated service offered me a further £3.50 per month discount for 6 months and I pressed the option to select this.  It said it wouldn't affect my current price, contract or anything else.

I've just had notification today that my account has been updated, but the price has gone up instead of down. 

I seem to have lost the standard 'Essential Broadband' discount.

I've tried messaging but haven't had a reply.  Are you able to help please ?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrectly charged for Essential Broadband

Hi beckybean

Thanks for posting. 

If you're on the Essential broadband plan, then this price is fixed at £15. I am unsure why the discount was offered to the account.

We're not able to do package changes here so you'll need to contact the team. Either via phone on 150 // 0345 454 1111 or text us on 07533051809 and we can assist further. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
beckybean
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I'll continue to try but I'm really struggling to get any response from anyone.

Is there no one on here that could look into it further and get it corrected please ?

This is what I am now seeing on my 'Service Change Receipt'.

virgin-essentials.PNG

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me

We don't do package changes via the forums I'm afraid so this isn't something we can do from here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
beckybean
Tuning in
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

What can I do ? - I've contacted the department you suggested and after spending a very long time going back and forward the last message I have from them says:

"I understand your were informed that the monthly package would be GBP15.00 however there are no clear notes on the account that confirms the same."

I sent them a link to the Essential Broadband webpage showing it at £15, but they replied with:

"I apologize I did check on the link above however it is only directs me to a website page and not to your package"

and ended with "I understand your concern, however we are the customer service team and as per the notes on the account the discount of GBP3.50 has already been applied to the account".

I don't know how to proceed from here.  They don't seem to understand that the regular full price of this package is £15.00, yet I am now being charged £19.50. 

I've tried to explain to them (which they should know), but just not getting anywhere at all !!!!!!!!!! 😫

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi beckybean

Thanks for coming back to me

Please see here for further help

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
beckybean
Tuning in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

@John_GS,

Thanks for your reply but that link is the website for registering for Essential Broadband.

As you know, I already have Essential Broadband.  The contact details on that page take me to the standard contact details I have already used where I am going in circles and not getting anywhere.  I'm not really sure how that link helps.  The Virgin Media staff I spoke to could do with reading up on it, not me, as I know all about it.

Is there anything else we can do other than go via the CEO route ?? - Seems strange that no one can correct this error.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

If you do send the form in to register, the team can sort the account out.

Once again I am sorry we cannot assist further from here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
beckybean
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

So just re-register even though I already have it active (but the price has gone wrong) ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

That's correct, the team will realise what's happened and ensure that the account is sorted

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos