Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect initial bill

I entered into a contract with virginmedia and recieved my contract dated 17 April 2020 for £79 per month, after having issues with the connection I contacted virgin media in oredr to resolve. The connection issues were resolved however I then recieved a bill stating my services were £134 per montht I contacted customer servises and was advised that the ill was incorrecra nd would be re-issued at the correct price. No revised bill was recieved so I contacted customer services again and  was advised again that the bill was incorrect and wouls be rectified, I then recieved a revised contract stating the monthly price was £99, agian I contacted customer services and was advised that a request had been put through for a reccurring credit to be added to my account and I would be billed @ £79 per month. The direct debit was taken from my bank today and as i suspected I have een charged £99 per month. VM are clearly in breach of contarct here therefore can anyone advise how I go about this, no point in spending another hour on the phone to be told it wil be sorted when I am now £40 out of pocket.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect initial bill

Hello Davalo1

Really disappointing to hear of the billing issues and problems trying to get these resolved. We appreciate you taking the time to contact us via the forums and welcome to the community.

When did you last speak to the team in regards to this? Did they advise the contract amount was being manually altered?

It may be that although it shows as £99.00 we're altering this each month by applying what we call a rolling credit. These don't show on your monthly bills but are reflected on the Direct Debit taken.

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

i spoke to them 19 May as the direct debit taken from my bank was for £99 per month (2months as first bill) was told credit on my account but I’m £40 out of pocket for a month which I’m not happy about.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting me know Davalo1, if the credit was applied during the time we requested the Direct Debit from your bank then it won't have been applied to that balance. 

If this is the case it will sit on your account for when the next bill is produced.

Rob

0 Kudos