cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect email

Val99
Joining in

Ive recently changed packages with VM (TV & Broadband) and it now includes Netflix.  I have had an activation email from VM, but the email address contained in the email activation code for Netflix is incorrect.  I cant set up my Netflix account with an email address I dont have access to.  Is there anyone in technical that can sort this for me please?  Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Val99.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your Netflix activation.

Are you able to check your online account here and look for Netflix activation box instead.

Please let me once you have checked.

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth - thanks for getting back to me.  No it is exactly the same on the online account also unfortunately.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

When you state the code is incorrect are you receiving any errors when trying to enter it?

Let us know,

Kain

Hi Kain, sorry not explained fully.  So I get the email from VM saying "Netflix is included in your packaged and you just need to click on this link to activate your Netflix Standard Plan".  So then I click the link and it takes me to Netflix home screen that says "Great News Netflix is included in your VM package - we'll link the email address provided by VM that is associated with your Netflix account - then it gives an incorrect email address that I dont have access to. Hope you can help.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay, thanks for the response there.

This email address, is this still placed down as a contact one on your VM account?

Also is it a VM owned one?

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain - No the email is not on the account and it is not a VM one.  It is an old email address for a company that I used to work for and that was associated with a failed VM contract almost 10 years ago.  It was failed as VM were unable to install where we needed it - even though the salesman said it would be fine - so hence we did not actually go ahead with the contract.  When VM were eventually able to install it where we needed it, we opened a contact and used a completely separate personal email address (not VM).

Hi Val99,

Thank you for the confirming the Email we have for you is no longer the one you use and that you cannot access your Netflix activation Email, so I can try to help I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul - the email you have for me is correct in every way - except in the Activation email to Netflix

Staceyc2387
Joining in

Hi. Did you ever get this sorted?? The exact same thing has happened to me and I've been trying to deal with it for 3 weeks now! It's killing me slowly. Spoke with so many different people on the phone and chats and its still the same! Had so many different varying information and still can't get it resolved. 

I think it needs a new Netflix account set up with the correct email address....doesn't sound that hard does it??