cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect billing

silky3
Joining in

My 18 month contract expired in August 2023 and I then signed up for a new 18 month contract. i think the recent invoices received around the time of the changeover are incorrect; can someone please contact me to discuss?   

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @silky3 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear you have faced this issues with your new deal, can I ask what exactly has happened to make you feel this is incorrect? 

Hi Ashleigh, thanks for your message. My account number is removed. The position is as follows;

My first contract was for 18 months; it started 28 Feb 2022 and ended 27 August 2023. The first invoice I received was dated 7 March 2022 and was for 2 months services, one being a month’s payment in advance of £49. That £49 carried over to the end of the contract and has not been returned.

The invoice dated 6 July 2023 for £49 was for the period 28 July to 27 August, so should have been the final invoice of the contract. This invoice includes 12 days I was also charged for under the second contract  (see below), as the new contract began on 15 August 2023, so I should receive a rebate for those 12 days. The rebate should be (£49 ÷ 31 days x 12 days = £18.97).

Finally, I received an invoice dated 8 August 2023 for £100.30 for the period 28 August to 27 September. This amount should be returned in full as it duplicates the period covered by the invoices dated 6 July and 6 September for the second contract (see below).

My second contract started 15 August 2023 and will end on 14 Feb 2025. This contract started 12 days before the first contract ended (so I need a 12 day rebate under the first contract; see above).

The first invoice under this second contract was dated 6 September 2023 and covers the period 15 August to           27 October; this invoice covers 2 months and 12 days, so very possibly includes the 12 day rebate and £49 advance payment referred to above, which would settle those points. However, this invoice also says I have been given a credit of £38.63 against services removed of £162.51 and services added of £123.88. (I have no idea what these figures mean or how they were calculated).

So, under the first contract I calculate I should receive back the sum of £100.30 for the 8 August  invoice, £49 for the advance payment, and £18.97 for the 12 day rebate, a total of £168.27.

Under the second contract, the first invoice should be for an amount equal to 2 months and 12 days, (£59 + £59 + £22.84), a total of £140.84.

As you can hopefully see, the difference in the above two amounts is £27.43, which I calculate is owed to me. 

Now, it took me a couple of hours to work things out, so I appreciate it might take you a while to do so. Hopefully, I have made things as clear as I can.

Best wishes, Paul.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Thank you for this bill breakdown @silky3

To best look into this billing issue for you, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. I'll be in touch soon
Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No problem at all @silky3 Happy to have been able to help. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs