Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect billing - direct debit cancelled

Hi,

I have recently added sky sports to my account which I thought would be a simple process to then find out a new bill which is almost double what I am expecting to pay. I have a service change email that states I should be paying £52 and have been billed £107 my package has increased and no discount has been applied I have a confirmation email of the agreed amount. I’ve spoken on the phone to 4 different people nobody has been any help (one person even hung up on me after 20 minutes) I have logged a complaint and left a message on a broken chat system nobody has got back to me. I have now resulted in cancelling my direct debit. Can someone from Virgin preferably someone who can do basic maths contact me as I’m sick of wasting my time with this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect billing - direct debit cancelled

Hi Jumantj,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community. We understand the frustration when you have not been given the correct price for you package. 

When you added the Sky sports collection did the agent at the time advise you your first bill would be a double bill? 

You are charged from the day you add the service until the day your bill is produced and 30 days in advance.

This is why you have received a higher bill than normal. If you have also added any additional service for example the HD subscription this is also charged one month in advance.

I hope this clears up why you have a higher bill than normal but if you require further assistance please come straight back to us.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

no this was not explained. The bill doesn’t show the correct discount either it says my 6 months 50% discount hasn’t been applied it also states the bill runs until the 20th of November which is one month so if its two then it needs to say two? Why would I be charged for two months when I should be billed monthly? If its two months then please let me know what I’ll be billed in December? The bill also states I’ve been partially charged £38 for using the sky add on for 9 days this is ridiculous or is it bad wording? 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us Jumantj,

Your Decembers bill will be your standard monthly charge with your new services. For example £52.00 if this is what you were quoted.

We always bill one month in advance for our services so any changes you make you will always see a higher bill for that one month. If you decide to remove the Sky sports channels in the future you will have any advance charges refunded to you.

Unfortunately if you have not been given the correct discount for you Sky sports collection you would need to speak to our retention's team on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1,option 4 then option 5 as this would be the team that can add the correct discounts on for you.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

if the discount for my package hasn’t been applied correctly then the bill is incorrect. Not only that I was only charge for one month last month so why is it acceptable to apply two charges this month!? I’m not contacting your customer service team as I have on 4 occasions without a resolution its like talking to a wall. Please have one of your team call me to resolve this or email me to resolve this I’m not spending any more time waiting on hold to get through to someone who states the bill is correct when it isn’t. I spent 20 minutes on the phone yesterday and the team member hung up. Alternatively I’d be happy to cancel my contract completely as I’ve never known service like this. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We can take a look at you package and notes on the account for you to see what charges are on there.

For me to do this I will need to access you account. I will pop you over a private message just click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodi,

i’ve replied to the message just waiting for a response. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I’ve not had a reply for 3 days now after my last reply can you let me know whats happening? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jumantj, 

I'm sorry that you haven't heard anything from Jodi over the past few days. 

Jodi will be back in the office on Monday morning to assist you further.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. 

Dean C

0 Kudos