Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect billing 4 months in a row!

Changed my contract in September and agreed £32pm for 12 months.  I was assured this would still stay at £32pm and would not be affected by the impending price increase.

following month, price went up! Sorted it out,  got a rebate. Following month, same thing!  Sorted again (eventually!!! After being in the phone over 40 minutes and being hung up on!) and refunded. Same again the following month!

Now, the SAME THING HAS HAPPENED!!! I don’t have another 40 minutes of my life to waste on this when all the details are on my account....why can’t you just get it right??!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect billing 4 months in a row!

I've had the same issue very recently & have done so for a few years especially around contract renewals....

Was paying about £65 for TV, Broadband and both Sky & BT Sport and then WALLOP £90 without warning.  It turned out that when I extended my contract I was told it was only for a few months!!  I never requested a short contract nor do I think they are an option....

So, after quite a few conversations at the end of last year I got into what VM do without any pre-notification about your 12 month contract expiring.  Absolutely nothing. So, what happens....  Well, when you notice that your monthly cost has gone up by a 3rd, you call VM and they tell you have to wait 30 days after changing contracts reducing your costs.  So in my instance, noticing the cost change the month after expiry then moving to another contract, VM pocketed another £60 of my hard earned money.  Multiply say my example of £60 wasted by VM customers base & its just not crazy money, but also all profit....

With all other major suppliers contacting customers at least a month before a contract expires, either from good customer service or are legally required to do so why VM customers aren't contacted and the answer given without a care was 'It's not our responsibility to advise customers when their contract expires'.....

The best bit for me and still ongoing is being sold a new 12 month contract in November, which I signed up to as my YOY package including Broadband, Good TV size, plus most importantly that I would still be getting BT & Sky Sports which i kept checking on.  Fast forward 1 month BT Sport SD was removed from VM services from December, without any mention before I signed up or even advising me it had been removed.  After well over 10 calls & about 8 Forum blogs, losing over 6 hours of my life i'll never get back it's still ongoing with the last comment being, I can add HD for another £7.99 a month....

Keep battling on here or speaking to Dave in India - good luck all

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning HSHSHS,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see you've been experiencing a billing issue with our team, I'd be happy to look into this for you.

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Virgin dropped BT Sport SD channels in December 2018... this took a bit of finding.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/BTSport-SD/td-p/3883310

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just as things should be when you have an issue, but not taking 3 months of unknowledgeable caring head banging with the Indian call centre.....

My bills are resolved now (my oversight for a couple of bills. Ooops & sorry VM), plus the contract I signed up to re-instated as agreed & compensated by 1 months lost Sport pack with 1 free month.

Everything was resolved from being text a new number to call based in the UK.  They had all my info on hand, understand it and where any confusion might be and it is resolved one way or the other.  Thankfully in my instance they recognised the confusion caused by lack of clarity after listening to to my contract renewal conversation & as both BT SD & HD Sport were included and SD was removed from Broadcasting without notice, they added BT HD back onto my package and gave me 1 month free resolving the above in an amicable way to retain my many years of loyalty. 2 months on I leave the forum happy & thank you all for your insight & help.

Virgin Media, need to either get rid of their awful Indian call centre or train them better or loyal high spending customers will be leaving them...  2 months & 6 hours of my time getting nowhere with VM India uncaring office & resolved in 1 call in 10minutes with VM knowledgeable UK office - Thank you 

0 Kudos