Menu
bsha35612009
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect bill !!

I hope this is the right forum...

Back in Nov I upgraded my package and agreed a deal for £33.50 per month. It is understandable that the bill for the first month will be different due to advance payment being taken etc...but I just had my direct debit taken off today and have been charged £47. Despite contacting customer service via both phone and chat multiple times and being assured( I have all the screenshot of chats) that only  £33.50 will be charged - Can’t believe I have been charged £13.50 more than what was agreed !!!!

Contacted via phone today as well but the guy on the phone wasn’t helpful at all....same response again........Could anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can get this re-solved?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect bill !!

Only by calling into C/S will you speak to an agent who you can discuss this with (probably much easier than by exchanging PMs with forum staff)..

However that said, it's worth remembering the terms of the direct debit guarantee...

"If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society"

My interpretation of an error certainly encompasses the debited amount being different from the advised amount, and so I can't see any reason why the guarantee shouldn't apply in this instance.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos