Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect bill!!

I started a new contract in January which included TV, Broadband and Phone for £86.25 a month. I thereafter moved home a month back and took the package with me. After the move, I saw online that my contract has changed and my new contract price was £134.25. No one had told me about this change and nothing actually has changed in terms of broadband speed or TV channels. After this, I have called the customer support at least 5 times to explain and discuss and every time they have said that they will rectify this. The last time I had a chat, the lady on the phone confirmed that the changes have been made and I will continue paying my original contract price of £86.25 a month. However I have today received an email saying that my bill is overdue and the bill shows the package amount of £134.25 and not the changed amount of £86.25 as was promised. The lady had even said that everything is present on my account as notes so anyone can see this.

Any idea how do I get this resolved? I've complained on the Virgin website but haven't got a response yet. I'm seriously thinking of leaving if this isn't resolved now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Incorrect bill!!

Sorry to hear of the issues that you've been having sambamitra.

I have been able to locate your account and have asked for the complaints team to get in touch with you as soon as they can but to let you know that callbacks are taking longer at the

You can also get in touch with the team by sending a text message to 0753 305 1809 or via our messaging service on this link using this link here and clicking the link titled ‘message us your issue', which will take you into a live chat with the team, who can look into this further for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for asking the complaints team to call me back. However I'm sorry to say that I've already contacted the team both over phone and web chat multiple times and have not got any real help from either. I just get transferred from the initial messaging team to the billing team to the customer service team where I can't seem to reach anyone!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So no one responded to my message on web chat after more than 3 hours. Really wonderful service here!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi sambamitra, we are sorry that you have not had a reply yet via the chat function, we are very busy at the moment and will reply as soon as we can. Please bear with us in this uncertain time. Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to say the customer service of virgin media is one of the worst I have experienced in my lifetime!

I had to contact the customer service team and complaints team at least 10 times. Every time an agent would say that they will correct the fault in the incorrect billing and the same would be reflected in "My Account" within 48 hours. This was the last time I spoke to them :- 

Guy from complaints team - Sir please don't worry, I'll correct this personally and give you a call back and send an email by Wednesday 20th May to confirm I've done so. You can take my name and my manager's name. My name is Ajay and my manager's name is Pratik (he even spelt the names out for me!)

Even after this, the incorrect bill has not been corrected and my direct debit has been instructed for an amount which is £95.94 more than what I should normally pay.

I would like to point out here that this is my hard earned money and not a joke which you think can just debit one month carelessly. Even if you correct your mistake and refund me the money next month, this is a huge amount which is very likely going to cause a disruption. I'm definitely escalating this complaint now as I've lost faith on Virgin's own complaint resolution team.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon,

I am sorry for the billing issues. 

I can see from an account check you've spoke to the complaints team today and everything is now sorted.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Stephen

im having similar billing issues and as a new customer it’s not a great start at all. I have posted a thread today if you can locate and have somebody to contact me that would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

john

Im having similar billing issues and as a new customer it’s not a great start at all. I have posted a thread today if you can locate and have somebody to contact me that would be appreciated.

0 Kudos