Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Incorrect Bills After Package Upgrade, Promised Correct But Hasnt

I upgraded my package in October 2019.  New Package Price and Next bill price was confirmed in an email.  When Novembers bill was raised it was £85.80 more than it should be.  It was impossible to see where this price had come from.  After a phone call on the 14th November 2109 I was promised that an adjustment was put in place so that only the correct amount would be taken in the direct debit.  This correct amount was taken.

Then when the Decembers bill was raised this was for a higher figure than agreed again and was accompanied by a threatening email saying that my account was in arrears and that I must pay this straight away,  I phoned on the 12th December and was told to ignore the email, that it was computer generated and that my account was not in arrears.  How can an account that is paid Direct Debit be in arrears anyway!  He assured me that a rolling credit was in place, that would not appear on the bill and that this would mean that the correct amount would be taken on the Direct Debit. I commented that I was not happy that the amount on the billed was not the amount that was going to be taken, but the guy tried to assure me that this was normal and OK.  But despite this when the Direct Debit was taken it was the incorrect amount taken that was on the bill and no credit had been applied!!!

So I phoned on the 3/1/20, I was originally told that my account was in arrears because the part month charge when I changed my package was incorrect.  I said that I has an email to prove what I should pay but the lady I spoke to would not believe me.  I asked to speak to a supervisor but she refused to let me.  Then after being on hold for sometime she finally said that credits would be put  in place and this would be on Januarys bill and that from February my bills would be for the agreed contract price.

Then Januarys bill arrives and the credit was not there.  So I phoned again on the 11/1/20 and was told that this credit would now be in the February bill and that from March the contract price will be correct.  I said I have been promised this on multiple occasions and it hadn't happened so why should I believe it now.  Again I asked to speak to a Supervisor, this was again refused but she did say she would get someone to call me back.  So far this has not happened.

In the 20 years I have been a customer I have never had so many errors on my bills.  I am also getting increasingly frustrated that the call centres dealing with these issues do not seem to be able to understand the issues correctly and fail to make the necessary adjustments.

Would like to speak to someone more Senior in Virgin Media who can finally get this sorted.  Its not fair that I should be out of pocket each month and have to keep waiting till the following month to see if its finally going to be sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incorrect Bills After Package Upgrade, Promised Correct But Hasnt

Hi Jacqui_P

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums!

I'm terribly sorry to see that we've been having issues with the price of your bill after agreeing a new contract

Please check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos