cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Billing after changes to my contract

howellrees
On our wavelength

My Virgin contract term was ending last year on December 5th. I took the opportunity to downgrade my broadband speed and TV package to make it more affordable. Spoke to the call centre and managed to get a better deal. So far so good.

I was sent confirmation contract details with details of billing for the next two months due to the changes and then the on-going agreed new monthly charge.

I thought all was well until next bill arrived which was considerably more than agreed. This was followed the next month by another incorrect bill. My next bill will be at the correct rate.

I contacted the call centre after the first incorrect bill and was fobbed off with "sorry it was a mistake" but no resolution. Followed up with another call and was told this time I would receive a refund of £11.80 due to the mistake "as a gesture of goodwill as I was a long time customer"

I also raised three formal complaints during this time and each as been resolved with no explanation of what was resolved or any emails or correspondence of any sort.

I've been with Virgin for many years from the days of Cabletel and I have to say customer service has never been so bad. It seems the call centre is incapable of actioning anything to do with billing and its impossible to speak to anyone who is capable of sorting it.

If it wasn't for the reliable broadband service I'd be looking elsewhere.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey howerllrees, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear there is a billing issue.

So you made a change to your package and this price does not reflect on your new bill? 

Please can you let me know if you have any evidence of this such as a screenshot / email?

I will send you a PM so we can look into this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey howerllrees, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear there is a billing issue.

So you made a change to your package and this price does not reflect on your new bill? 

Please can you let me know if you have any evidence of this such as a screenshot / email?

I will send you a PM so we can look into this. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?