Menu
ajmisquitta
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Inconsiderate driving: close overtake of cyclist at roundbout

Hi Virgin Media,

I could not find any place to put this complaint so I have put it under Broadband speed, but it is about a poor driving incident in the Girton area.

I have often seen your vans speeding in our village, but this is the first time I was at the receiving end of the poor driving from your employees who closely overtook me (on a cycle) at speed just a few feet from a roundabout. He came so close that I was able to touch the van. This is against the highway code in so many ways, but your driver did not seem in the least concerned when I caught up with him as he turned into a close just a short distance ahead.

This is a traffic hot spot where some drivers feel like they simply have to overtake cyclists - even school children. This happens despite the 20mph speed limit the village as recently imposed.

Time: 3:40pm

Van: YT20 XXX [Mod edited]

Place: Wellbrook Way roundabout on Girton Road, Cambridge

I have photos of the driver should you need them.

Please get your drivers to be polite to others on the road, especially those on foot or on cycles. This does not do your brand any good. I have often considered switching to Virgin but each time I think of your drivers and the dangers they have posed to others on the road and this puts me off.

Many thanks,

Dr A. J. Misquitta

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inconsiderate driving: close overtake of cyclist at roundbout

Hi @ajmisquitta,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thank you for posting.

I am so sorry to hear this has happened- certainly not what we would expect from our drivers.

I am going to get this reported to the Area Field Manager. Will PM you now for some details as I have been unable to locate these using your Forum info. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos