Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Incompetent customer service

My contract is about to finish and I will be charged £240 more a year for same service.

I ask to make a new contract and no help at all just a robot or incompetent chat people 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incompetent customer service

Normally I'd be saying how poor VM are (and they are) but at the moment you've got to cut them some slack, as Covid in the UK and India (and possibly elsewhere) has massively reduced the already strained customer service capability. 

You can try phoning to cancel that MIGHT get you a better offer, although you probably need to phone between 8:00am and 8:45am to increase the chances of getting through.  Even then, make sure you know what your other options are.  If VM can't or won't offer a discount, will you pay the extra £240, and if the answer is no, who would you go with?  See what deals are available on Uswitch, that'll help if negotiating with a VM retentions agent - and don't be pressured by VM claims of unbeatable high speeds - most people won't notice the benefit of higher speeds above 70 Mbps.  If VM offer a price match with BT, but insist that involves a speed of "only" 100 Mbps, that's probably a good deal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

In no way does it make anyone incompetent.

Just consider the services you’ve had for £20 a month less than the ‘standard’ price that you’re now being asked to pay.

The Retention’s dance is certainly more difficult and frustrating than before but that’s not down to incompetence; it’s down to a global crisis that is far from over.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The Covid crisis has made a poor customer service even worse. I spent the best part of yesterday trying to contact the cancellation/retentions team, and gave up in the end. Impossible to get through on the telephone, they text you a link to the help pages which takes you  back to the "Contact Us" on 150 phone number again!

Tried the text message route, wasted hours here repeating the same request and answering security questions. Eventually the "computer says no" to my password, so I tried again to request a password reset. The advisor told me he had to leave his desk (working from home?) for half an hour and would get back to me......still waiting!!!.  The system then had the audacity to send a BOT customer service survey....how did we do today?  

We can all make allowances due to the crisis BUT this does not excuse this level of poor performance. In the words of Hotel California "You can check out any time you like but you can never leave"......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

After 3 long phone call today with customer service I still maintain that they are just incompetent people.

They keep saying sorry but do nothing. 

My contract still 240 higher and no confirmation of a new one. 

Spend more than 2 hours trying to speak with someone who can fix the issue and they just keep saying I will have a confirmation of the new contract. When 17 days ago I was doing the same. Trying to get a new contract. 

Same issue with the robot chat or chatbot on the website. 

I understand covid-19 situation but this is beyond good customer service support. 

I do not have any other options than keep looking for a confirmation mail that will never go true and an non confirmation of a new deal. 

Very nice way of keeping old customers. 

And all the complaints I raised is null

Theo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Theo, sorry to hear that you've been unable to get through to us and i'm sorry for the frustration caused. I've had a look at your details and can see that you've managed to speak to someone about your contract since you last posted.  If you've entered a new contract with us, please keep an eye out for letters and emails and let us know if you don't receive them after 5 days so we can check.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

".. I tried again to request a password reset. The advisor told me he had to leave his desk (working from home?)"

Think its called a lunch break.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

hi no letter`s or mail from Virgin at the moment

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi master77  sorry you're having issues.

Are you just seeking clarification of your contract.  Have you ensured your email address is correct an up to date on the system?

Sorry, but this could be why your contract has not reached you.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos