Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to contact Virgin Media

Hi

Can anyone give advice on how to contact Virgin Media?

Have just moved abroad and as my wife only needs a basic TV package until she joins, I want to move away from the full TV package. Tried to call many times, even waiting up to an hour, but no success before I left the UK. I'm not going to call from here as too expensive.

Help pages are circular - tells me to go to my online account. I do, but then I get a message saying that package change not possible online. Tells me to call!

Can't believe any service provider makes it so hard to actually contact them - regardless of Covid or not.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to contact Virgin Media

Hi TWQ

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you haven't been able to contact us in regards to changing your TV package.

I would advised speaking to our customer relations team on 0345 454 1111 options 1,4 then 5 before making any decisions, they will be able to do a full review on your account and get the best deal available to you, 

You can also text the issue you are having to 0753 305 1809 and a member of the team will pick this up, please note this is not an immediate response service and may take a while for a response,

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to contact Virgin Media

Hi TWQ,

I'm afraid there are only 2 methods you can use to downgrade your package, and unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, freephone number 0800 052 0422, or 0345 454 1111, option 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos