cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to cancel

brenawilson
Tuning in

I have now spent about 15 hours trying to cancel my service (since Jan 25). The first time I called them it all seemed fine; they agreed to cancel but didn't provide a transcript that I asked for. Next thing I knew, I had an email confirming a change to my package...basically continuing my service. Called three times, whatsapp'd (good luck with that!), emailed many times and raised a complaint. Using the online chat, agents disconnected the chat when I refused to take up an offer (I have scheduled a Sky connection Feb 23), twice had it cancelled over the phone; both times I asked for a transcript and/or email to confirm cancellation. Both times I have had neither. I cancelled my direct debit as they have now billed me for the period beyond my agreed cancellation. The complaints process is a joke, they try to redirect me to 'retensions' and refuse to provide evidence of a cancellation. I've been with Virgin for 15 years but decided to leave as their customer service has become really poor. I have always been happy to pay more for good service when other providers have been cheaper. Sadly, Virgin has become a bit of a joke. 

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Visual FX: Sharks circling, with "Ombudsman Services" tattooed on the fin sticking out of the water.

brenawilson, you're due some reasonable compensation for this mess, whilst I'm pleased the forum staff have leapt in, make sure you get a decent settlement (ie over £100 goodwill payment), that they refund any payments taken due to failure to cancel, and most importantly of all, that there's no dirt on your credit history file, as that'll be a problem for years to come if they register (in their view) late payments or a default.

The law and industry regulation are on your side, we can cover the details if VM can't settle promptly on terms that put a smile on your face.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi brenawilson, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you've not had your request to cancel honoured. And sorry for any inconvenience or concerns this may be causing you.  In regards to the transcripts on our live chat service, that needs to be arranged from your side.  I am sorry if the agents did not advise you of how to do so. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Visual FX: Sharks circling, with "Ombudsman Services" tattooed on the fin sticking out of the water.

brenawilson, you're due some reasonable compensation for this mess, whilst I'm pleased the forum staff have leapt in, make sure you get a decent settlement (ie over £100 goodwill payment), that they refund any payments taken due to failure to cancel, and most importantly of all, that there's no dirt on your credit history file, as that'll be a problem for years to come if they register (in their view) late payments or a default.

The law and industry regulation are on your side, we can cover the details if VM can't settle promptly on terms that put a smile on your face.

ZoeSerina
Joining in
Spoiler

I'm having the exact same issue!!! I've rang, WhatsApps and complained but when I log into virgin media it's still saying package downgrade. 

Hi ZoeSerina,

Thanks for posting here. 

I've just replied to your other thread here: Cancellation problem.

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. If you need to update the thread then just reply to your original thread rather than posting on an old one. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

When people are mucked about and misled in the way we are experiencing, it is completely natural to want to reach out to whoever will listen. The problem is with Virgin failing to manage customer relations, not with users of the service. Fix the issue and the problem dissolves. Confronting constant obstacles to resolutions is infuriating.