cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to cancel

Clarke167
Joining in

My monthly charges have gone up extortionately, £64 to £110 and now £154. I was looking to change my package but I cannot get anywhere online with chat or over the phone. Online I’m just looping round and just keep getting the ‘oops something seems to have gone wrong’ error message. Been trying to get through on the phone for hours over the last week, I’m now getting to the point of just cancelling. Any advice on the best way to do this? I’m going to go to ofcom as well as this is just ridiculous 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

carl_pearce
Community elder

Try at 8am when the lines open.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

carl_pearce
Community elder

Try at 8am when the lines open.

DoubtLess2022
On our wavelength

This is true, but it is far from acceptable. Not everyone is able to phone at 8am.  Email contact is not offered, web chats and phone calls are limited to certain hours of the day and typically incur a substantial time investment.  

Virgin Media should make it much easier to contact their teams, or provide customers with genuine self-service facilities.

DoubtLess2022
On our wavelength

If all else fails, you can of course cancel in writing,  (details on the website).  Seems slightly ironic for dealing with a broadband provider.

@DoubtLess2022 wrote:

This is true, but it is far from acceptable. Not everyone is able to phone at 8am.  Email contact is not offered, web chats and phone calls are limited to certain hours of the day and typically incur a substantial time investment.  

Virgin Media should make it much easier to contact their teams, or provide customers with genuine self-service facilities.

Ironically this is why it's the best time!

Beau99
Tuning in

we should start a poll. The contract and promise they scam you into at first contact means nothing once they have you. That makes the contract invalid! Who’s been treated the same and wants out?

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Clarke167 thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

We'd like to look into this further for you and assist where necessary - please expect a PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

I got straight through when calling at 8:15 this morning and have agreed a much better package. Not sure if it’s the wisest staying but have the cool off period at least