Menu
AzraT
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to cancel my package

Hi , I have tried ringing 150 on several occasions to cancel my broadband and phone package , on each occasion I have got through to the automated message and been kept waiting between 30-40 minutes,then the phone just goes dead , So can you please tell how I can cancel my package?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to cancel my package

keep trying. With the current events, all businesses are running on very limited staff.
0 Kudos
HuwT
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

So they should let us cancel online!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

the system is built with bits from about 6 different companies. All the systems do not work well together. canceling online would still need an agent to process it
0 Kudos
HuwT
Tuning in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

No, it's to stop people cancelling without Virgin offering them a better deal to try and keep them. It would take less than an hour for them to configure the system to allow cancellations- they choose not to and if they really wanted to provide good customer service they would have offered it in the first place. Easy enough to add packages on-line or on the phone, impossible to remove or cancel - nothing to do with technical issues. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

clearly you have no idea how technology works
0 Kudos
HuwT
Tuning in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

And you who claims to have no link to VM knows how their systems are configured. Quite remarkable... How much do VM pay Patsies to answer on these forums?

I have 3 e-commerce sites so am very comfortable understanding how little is needed to configure such matters IF THE VENDOR REALLY WANTED TOO!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

i'm a 3rd line system engineer. I know how systems work. I've worked in IT for 25 years.

And VM do not pay me anywhere near enough to listen to people like you.

have fun
0 Kudos
HuwT
Tuning in
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

But yet you spend all your time on here being helpful to VM - such a hero!

1979Damian
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

You're correct that VM is made up of various companies and their legacy systems, which can make system integration/BAU operations rather complex.  However, considering VM is owned by Liberty Global who have VERY deep pockets, maybe they should have spent some of the money used to frantically push their peak broadband speeds every higher (bearing in mind VM already have a huge performance advantage over most other UK ISPs) and used the money to implement either a streamlining of their various legacy systems or roll out a purpose made "21st century" system.

Not allowing a straightforward cancellation online is a cop out and is likely to perceived to be a deliberate "choice" by VM by most consumers.