Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to cancel my account!

I moved out of my flat using Virgin broadband back in April, and have been trying to cancel my account since the end of March. Due to Coronavirus, the customer service facilities have been lessened which I understand but it is IMPOSSIBLE to cancel my account and I’m now being charged upward of £100 for broadband that I haven’t used in months and have been trying to cancel. 

The only help on the website for cancelling your account is a contact number, and every time I call the number and go through all the steps before I reach “thinking of leaving”, the result is that I’m told to consult the website. And it just goes in circles without any sort of resolution! 

I’ve even emailed a manager of Virgin that I found online when someone had a similar problem, and also received no help! Not only can I not afford to pay for a service that I haven’t used and no longer wanted, but the toll this is taking on my mental health is devastating! Please help me!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to cancel my account!

It's so ridiculous isn't it! They've made it as hard as possible to cancel knowing that surely during this time so many people couldn't possibly continue to afford their services. It's disgusting. I'm trying to cancel myself and I can't wait to put them in the back mirror. Theyve turned into a really crap company

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello amberdoc

Sorry to hear you're leaving us and for the issues faced trying to arrange this. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware via the forums.

We aren't able to cancel accounts via the forums I'm afraid, the teams are really buy at the moment but If you give the team a call on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 4 this will get you through to the cancellations team who will be happy to look into this further for you. 

Alternatively, you can text us your query for free on 07533 051 809 ^ between 7am and 11pm Monday to Friday, 8am and 8pm Saturday to Sunday and a member of our team will be happy to help. 

Rob

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, when I call the number you provided I’m asked for my account number and then told my only options are to 1) make a payment 2) hear why making a recent payment might not be in my account yet. That’s it

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Very strange, that's the correct number. We have tried it ourselves here and it gives us an option 4 'thinking of leaving'

Rob

0 Kudos