cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to cancel TV package

Bigguy3013
Joining in

I am trying, without success, to cancel my Virgin TV package -  I don't watch TV and have cancelled my TV license.

I would like to retain my M350 Broadband service which is excellent.

Very difficult to get through to the call centre, when I have I have had them hang up.

Finally got through early a.m. and they ask for my pass word, then say it is incorrect (I only have the one Virgin password) and will not proceed.

I have written to Virgin Media 17/05/2023 asking for cancellation of my TV package and got no reply.

wth do I have to do to cancel my TV package??

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bigguy3013 

Welcome back to the community forums

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to discuss your package with us. 

We aren't able to perform package change requests via the community forums or via written request unfortunately. 

Your memorable word that the agents ask to pass account security on the phone or messenger services might be different to your My Virgin Media log in details as these are different and set up at different times. 

You can change your memorable word via your online account if needed, by sign into your My Virgin Media online account > select 'Update Settings' >  select 'Account Details' > Scroll down to 'Telephone Security Details', and click on the 'Edit' link to the side of 'Memorable Word'.

Input a new memorable word whilst meeting the criteria listed and then click the 'Save' button. If successful, a message will appear that says "Memorable word updated".

You can discuss your package either through your online account in the live chat option when available, over the phone on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other line/service or by WhatsApp text on 07305 327 112. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Bigguy3013
Joining in

Trying via the online webchat

Thanks

Thanks @Bigguy3013 

Keep us posted with how you get on or if you have any issues at all changing your memorable word online. . We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley