Menu
DaveAlger
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Impossible to Cancel Service

I've been trying to cancel my service as I'm moving house and will not need it anymore, however it's basically impossible to actually get it done. I called yesterday 3 times, the first time I was on hold for over an hour, and when I got through to someone they had to patch me through to a different line, which promptly cut off.

The second call, was much like the first one, similar wait time, similar result.

The third call I finally had a lovely lady stay on the line with me until I was patched through to the correct people. But after hearing a ring tone for about 2 minutes, the line went dead. There was no noise but I was still connected. I had to hang up in the end.

Today I've tried the chat service, and it seemed like I was getting somewhere after an hour of waiting to be connected and then the agent either closed the line or it was cut off.

How am I supposed to cancel this? I'm genuinely at a loss because this has been such a stressful process and I don't really know what else to do?

1979Damian
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Impossible to Cancel Service

Personally I'd wrap up your cancellation request in a complaint, from your experience already it seem you have a genuine reason to complain (the complaints address CAN process cancellation requests, this was recently confirmed by one of the few VM staff on this forum).

(I've lifted this from elsewhere on the site)

"It’s not as quick, but if you prefer to send us a letter, you can write to us at:

Complaints,
Virgin Media,
Sunderland,
SR43 4AA

Your letter will be acknowledged within 48 hours of receipt and we aim to resolve all written complaints within 28 days once we’ve received them.

If we don’t hear from you within the 28 days from the date of the letter, we’ll take this as confirmation you’re satisfied with the resolution and we’ll write to you again to let you know we’re closing your complaint."

0 Kudos
DaveAlger
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have submitted a complaint through the website about my experience yesterday. They did send a response email saying they have received it, would you suggest sending a physical letter too? I've even tried tweeting at them.

Thank you for your response, I struggle to see how they can do this as I've seen countless other people having the same issues as me

1979Damian
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

100%, send a letter by recorded delivery and keep a copy of the letter for your records.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, DaveAlger,

Apologies for the delayed response and sorry that you have been having difficulty cancelling. Have you been able to get this sorted since your post? We can also process cancellations by postVirgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos