Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Im am having a nightmare with VM support

My install for broadband was 20th Oct

This was arranged using one of the reps who I saw in my local area (I wont name him atm)

He was good up to the install...

Now he is ducking my calls to voicemail.

The Issue.
I have no welcome letter, No details from Virgin, Cannot log in to my account. Child Lock is on. Cant use customer support because they won't deal with me because I don't have a password.

I am completely **bleep** off with the rigmarole so far. And I'm stuck in the middle.

The last attempt at customer support they said we will send you some detail so you can verify yourself. They checked and agreed the postal address is correct. But nothing turns up as expected.

I have no idea how to resolve this other than cancelling my direct debit?

Unfortunately i went with Virgin because I need a stable connection but it's not, my lad cannot even play League of Legends (700+ ping) with only my phone on the connection and no other active devices.

Its a nightmare, can anyone suggest a method to resolve these issues

I have tried the message us option, ringing them etc and all I get is messed about.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Im am having a nightmare with VM support

Similar to you I joined last week and my package does not match what I expected. Having a nightmare getting in touch with someone who can sort out the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jez2010, thanks for contacting us and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the new installation. Can you confirm if we have confirmed the installation date or have told you of any issues with the install? Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It is installed, has been since the 20 Oct

Last 2 days I have spent completely sat in the chat box, takes 4 hours for a reply.....

It took all yesterday to create an account password and it still hasn't fixed the problem so back to the chat box...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My expectation is that you probably aren't going to get much joy via chat or voice, judging by experiences reported here.

But to try and help, can you break down the matters still outstanding:

1) Is the connection working reliably; at the contracted speed; without ping or latency problems?

2) Without going into any personal detail, what is the problem with the package?  Is what has been setup fully consistent with what was agreed/promised when you joined?

3) Have you got the online account setup?

4) Any other current problems?

And a word of advice, if things remain a problem, don't cancel your direct debit in frustration - that won't worry VM on bit, they just treat it as an unpaid debt and drop it into a debt recovery process that eventually involves debt collectors harassing you, and worse, they'll record it as a default under a credit agreement on your credit history, which will hang round you neck like a dead badger for the next six years, visible to all companies who you want to take services or credit from, and even to prospective employers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jez2010, I will send you a private message to look at the account for you. Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

After 4 days of messing about it appears I have finally got things sorted.

The VM rep gave them the wrong email to setup the account and the engineer had given me the wrong account number at install.

Hopefully its resolved now..

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos