Menu
Prundlett
Tuning in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Illegal install

I received a visit from a sales person, I explained I was tied to a contract till January 2020, he left me with a slip of paper confirming he would hold the offer, I didn't sign this. Two weeks later, without authority, two guys arrived at my house and proceeded to dig up my garden, without consent, and installed a cable, I complained to customer services, they assured me a someone would contact me within 5 working days, no one rang, so I complained again and I was told a manager would contact me, still nothing, I complained to the original sales person and up till now I've been offered £100 to go towards cancelling SKY and BT.

I am at the point of taking this to my lawyers for trespass and criminal damage, perhaps someone from Virgin would like to comment!

I have spent two years with a company getting my lawn into a reasonable condition and thousands of pounds on a slate feature in my garden which is now covered in mud, I am furious!!!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Illegal install

Hi there. 

This needs to be raised as a complaint if it hasn't already. 

The complaints team have up to 28 days to resolve this issue for you.

The forum team can check into the progress on this for you if its already been raised.  If you hang on for them they should pick this up in the next few days.

I would suggest uploading pictures here of the issue do they can add this to the complaint for you. Don't upload pics with anything identifying in it for personal security reasons, just the ground and slate issues are fine.

Best of luck with the resolution.

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Prundlett,

Very sorry to hear about this issue and it's definitely something that we need to look into. 

If you could please join us for a web chat and we can investigate this further - Click this link when you have some free time - virg.in/service

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Prundlett
Tuning in
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I have freetime now, your link takes me to a service page only!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Prundlett,

Monday morning innit!?

Click this link here - https://virg.in/smwc

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Prundlett
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kaz,

My images are too big to upload.

Unfortunately I don't appear to have a case number, I have spoken to several people though and although I don't have an account I have been sent an insal date, and I had t set up a password before they would talk to me.

The local sales manager has offered me £100 to go towards switching, originally he offered £200 when he visited, so now it appears the deal is getting worse rather than better and I now have a stripe where they used a pick axe on my lawn.

Thanks

Philip

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Prundlett 

Hopefully by now the forum team and you have chatted on David's chat option (the non Monday influenced one hehe) 😊

They would be able to log a complaint for you.

Do you have Facebook? The reason I'm asking is cos when I have an image I need uploading here that's too big, I uploaded privately to FB, FB automatically compresses image size, and then I re save from FB to upload on the community. 

There might be other ways to do this but that's worked for me for years and takes seconds.

If you dont have FB then a quick Google search will lead you to sites you could use to reduce image size.

Hope this helps.

Good luck with the complaint.

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Prundlett,

Have you managed to get in touch with the team on the (second) link David provided?

Thanks 

Steven

0 Kudos
Prundlett
Tuning in
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

It has been escallated so we will see, 12 days since I first complained and so far I am no further from a settlement!

Funny enough my lawyers have just rung on a different matter, I should have updated them but I completely forgot!

I sincerely hope it doesn't have to go down the legal route as it is only likely to make my MS worse with stress!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Great that this has been escalated, hoping this helps you get the resolution faster @Prundlett. I have enclosed the complaints procedure we work this shows the timelines and explains the process in more detail. virg.in/compscop. Steven_L