Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

If you're so busy, why do you demand exactly 30 days notice?

Somewhat bemused by Virgin Media's behaviour. 

Our contract is up in 6 weeks. There is no option to give notice online so I was forced to call. Waited in the queue listening to repeated messages stating:

- We are very busy

- Our call centres are not running at full capacity due to government social distancing measures

- Please only call if necessary

Given the online offers stated our price was going to jump £45 (thats without factoring £220 cashback on signup offer), didn't really have much other option but to stay on the line. Couldn't even find a way to issue 30 days notice online.

I wasn't expecting you to match the original offer, thats fair enough. But I expected you to accept the notice of cancelation at the end of the contract term. Sky and every other provider I've used are capable of doing that. However, I was told:

- "you have to call us exactly 30 days before contract expires".  Or we'll stop your service early and still bill you for the remainder of the contract.

How is demanding people call you back exactly 30 days before the contract expires going to help you keep your call centres free for people with emergencies (loss of service/etc)?

And worse still I had a quick look for the terms and conditions they state:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services

"-  If you want us to stop providing the services at the end of your minimum period you will need to give us at least 30 days’ notice as set out in Section N of the agreement."

So clearly I don't have to provide exactly 30 days notice, I merely have to provide atleast 30 days notice (in my case ~6 weeks).

Come on Virgin, this kind of behaviour is bad enough in normal times. We all know you're hoping we forget and you get another month or two out of us. But it's quite frankly despicable to be doing this right now. My wife is working on the front line in a major hospital, whilst I'm busy looking after my kids and trying to give them an education instead of running my business. We dont need you wasting our time for the sake of squeezing a few extra £'s out of us!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: If you're so busy, why do you demand exactly 30 days notice?

Just checking my thread is live now, as it wasn't showing up and reply button was greyed out.

0 Kudos